Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 19:52 Post subject: Repeater Bridge -- Working until I enable WiFi Security
Hi all, anyone know what might be going on here? VAP with Authentication is not working (even on latest build).
I have my 2nd router (ASUS RT-AC66U) acting as a Repeater Bridge connected to my ASUS RT-AC68U, and the only things done to configure Router #2 as a bridge was :
1. Change Local Router IP so it dosn't collide with Router #1
2. Set Gateway IP to Router #1 IP
3. Set Local DNS to Router #1 IP
4. Checked Assign WAN Port to Switch
5. Disabled DHCP
6. Disabled WAN connection
0. Set Wireless wl0 to Repeater Bridge
1. Set Wireless wl0 to my SSID of Router #1
2. Set Wireless Security of wl0 to Password of Router #1
3. Created Virtual AP "GUEST", wl0.1, AP Isolation Enabled, NET Isolation Enabled, Optional DNS Target of Router #1 IP Address. IP Address 184.108.40.206
4. Assigned wl0.1 to br0
5. Assigned br0 to DHCP 0
I didnt have to run any manual iptables commands or anything. Just with the above settings, I can connect to my new "GUEST" access point. And I get internet, net/ap isolation is working, etc...
However, whenever I enable WiFi Security on the wl0.1 Virtual Access Point, then I cant connect to the network anymore on Android, or Windows 10. Windows 10 says "Unable to Authenticate". When I remove the WiFi password on the VAP -- then Im able to connect again and I have internet....ahghgh! Any ideas?!
EDIT: I upgraded to todays build of DDWRT "DD-WRT v3.0-r43813 giga (07/15/20)", and issue still persists
Last edited by nabuit on Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:06; edited 1 time in total
Joined: 24 Oct 2008 Posts: 927 Location: Latin America
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 22:15 Post subject:
what happens if you disable isolation on the VAP? _________________ Worked with: WR850Gv2, WHR-HP-G54, WRT54 G/GL/GS, f5d7231-4p, wl-520gU, WRT150N, DIR-400A1, DIR-600B1, WLI-TX4-G54HP, WHR-HP-GN, F7D3301/FD7301, F7D3302/F7D7302, WNR3500Lv2, e1000