[SOLVED] Wifi AC mode reverts to Legacy mode w/security on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
We're all human, @pigtail! Even me, even though I refuse to admit it, sometimes Cool Now, you can possibly bump it up to 43516 and give it a good shakedown... P.S. everyone is qualified to flash and report Wink
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Sponsor
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 13:09    Post subject: Re: Apologies Reply with quote
pigtail wrote:
Ok. This is so embarrassing and ruins my reputation even there's none. Turns out @servicetech on the 3rd floor is right. I forgot to set "WPA Algorithms." Once I put checkmarks on AES, 2G and 5G are scanned with N and AC mode.
Embarassed

That's life. (sometimes the bug is sitting on a chair not on the mainboard .... Very Happy ) As dd-wrt is targeted to a lot of different hardware (with different capabilities) and a work in progress, its sometimes nessesary to dig deeper into the GUI options to see important settings.

Good to hear that you fixed it.

If you think this build is working reliable as Gateway or router (AP) for your D-Link DIR-869 A1 (a recommended build) you should report that on the build thread or I would add it here

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321284

PS: In opposite to hardware that is loosing value by getting older, we (human) are more valuable for our family each year we pass like good wine ...,so reputation is something for outsider
pigtail
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for all you guys' help.

My work is pretty busy and overtime. I almost only upgrade my routers once or twice a year. Reporting my status in build threads looks like a report of one night stand. Razz Even though I started my house networking from the era of coaxial cables, for me computer networking has evolved too diversified and too advanced to catch up. Well, I'll try to start reporting my upgrade status since you sound like encouraging it. Thanks again.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: