Is there any experience with a TP-link Archer C9(EU) Ver5:1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
GeoffatMM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 20:33    Post subject: Is there any experience with a TP-link Archer C9(EU) Ver5:1? Reply with quote
Frustrated new user trying to set up this router for VPN client use. Researched as much as I could before ordering this machine to find the version number is not yet supported.

I am happy to try to make it work but need some handholding as I have never done this before.

Is it of value to the community to try? Is anyone prepared to help me? Or should I send it back and buy something else?

Geoff
Sponsor
GeoffatMM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:59    Post subject: Bump? Reply with quote
Hi

I have duplicated this request in error as I could not find it when I first posted it. It has gone to the top level of the forum when I thought that I had posted it under the Archer C9 section.

Can this post be moved to the correct level and the second request deleted? Apologies but this is my first use of this forum.

Is it possible to get some response? I have a router that I cannot flash but am willing to try and add the results to the forum and/or database if it works if someone is willing to help me through the process.

Geoff
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:15    Post subject: Re: Bump? Reply with quote
GeoffatMM wrote:
Hi

I have duplicated this request in error as I could not find it when I first posted it. It has gone to the top level of the forum when I thought that I had posted it under the Archer C9 section.

Can this post be moved to the correct level and the second request deleted? Apologies but this is my first use of this forum.

Is it possible to get some response? I have a router that I cannot flash but am willing to try and add the results to the forum and/or database if it works if someone is willing to help me through the process.

Geoff

easiest would be to return it and buy a device that's already supported, thats what i would do.
airspeed400
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:46    Post subject: GoFundMe Campaign to Donate TP-Link Archer C9 v5 to DD-WRT Reply with quote
I've started a GoFundMe campaign to donate a:

TP-Link Archer C9 v5 Dual Band Gigabit router

to DD-WRT so that version 5 of the router will be DD-WRT supported.

For all of you who are bummed that you received a new v5 Archer C9 but cannot install DD-WRT, please donate $5 so we can buy and donate a test unit!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ddwrt-upgrade-for-tplink-archer-c9-v5

Costs can vary, so when the campaign reaches enough funds, we will send the unit and close the campaign.

airspeed400
GeoffatMM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:47    Post subject: Re: GoFundMe Campaign to Donate TP-Link Archer C9 v5 to DD-W Reply with quote
airspeed400 wrote:
I've started a GoFundMe campaign to donate a:

TP-Link Archer C9 v5 Dual Band Gigabit router

to DD-WRT so that version 5 of the router will be DD-WRT supported.

For all of you who are bummed that you received a new v5 Archer C9 but cannot install DD-WRT, please donate $5 so we can buy and donate a test unit!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ddwrt-upgrade-for-tplink-archer-c9-v5

Costs can vary, so when the campaign reaches enough funds, we will send the unit and close the campaign.

airspeed400

Thanks Airspeed400. Actually, I live in France so I can buy a unit and ship it here for circa $150. If we can get to $75 I will subsidise the balance to get it moved faster.

May be even cheaper if one of the team (in Germany?) has an Amazon prime account.
GeoffatMM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

is there any news on this project?

Geoff
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sir airspeed400 donated hardware, but no news after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: