DIR-860L A1 DD-WRT install fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sh0ift4y
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 23:10    Post subject: DIR-860L A1 DD-WRT install fails Reply with quote
All,
I have a DIR-860L A1 router on which I have been trying to install DD-WRT. I downloaded the V3.0 40559 Build files. Every time I try to upgrade to DD-WRT, the router hangs. I have tried using the router GUI firmware update, and the D-link emergency reset window, with no success. I would like to hear from someone with my router, including the version, who has successfully gone through the upgrade, including what build was used. Please be specific.

Thanks for your help,
Ken
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if 40559 will flash on that one, but you would be flashing the factory-to-ddwrt file initially, then the webflash afterwards, if I am not mistaken.

You may wish to try a more recent build.

Router Database wrote:
DISCLAIMER

This database may not have up-to-date information and may even recommend a build which might cause issues. As such, you should check the device specific forum (Broadcom, Atheros, MediaTek, etc.) first before flashing any build recommended in this database. There you will find build specific topics that discuss any issues with a particular build/release. For more up-to-date firmware files, please visit the firmware faq.

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FRIENDLY AND FAIR NOTICE

Installation Wiki

Where Do I Download Firmware?

Firmware FAQ

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/ **(rXXXXX)/dlink-dir860l-a1**

Latest release at the time of this posting:

New Build - 06-19-2020-r43471

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: