New Build - 06-19-2020-r43471

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 16:52    Post subject: New Build - 06-19-2020-r43471 Reply with quote
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: (DD-WRT website) HTTPS & FTP (try another if a link doesn't work)

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (or 'curl -k {file URL} -o {file}') with http (not https) or ftp. Then 'write {file} linux'.

Repository: Trac SVN changelog since last build r43443 (GitHub mirror)

Notes:
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
WireGuard: Policy Based Routing, Kill Switch, Inbound Firewall, Naming of Peers, Status, Key, Guides. Thanks egc!

Issues:
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.

Important:
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Sponsor
turbowells
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Trendnet TEW-810DR
File: dlink-dir810lb1-webflash.bin
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43471 std (06/19/20)
Kernel: Linux 3.10.108-d10 #7614 Fri Jun 19 15:29:06 +04 2020 mips
Mode: Gateway/OpenVPN client
Previous: r43443
Reset?: N
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: D-Link DIR-878 Rev.A1
File: factory-to-ddwrt.bin *Installed using crash recovery procedure.
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43471 std (06/19/20)
Kernel: Linux 4.14.184 #366 SMP Fri Jun 19 15:38:05 +04 2020 mips
Previous: 06-17-2020-r43443
Reset: Yes
Mode: Gateway|AP
Uptime: 1 day, 3 hours, 28 minutes ... Halted uptime test.

Issues/Errors:

* ̶I̶n̶i̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶R̶o̶u̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶g̶g̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶u̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶e̶v̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶s̶.̶ ̶R̶e̶l̶o̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶m̶i̶t̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶u̶.̶

Discovered possible source of issue: Antivirus software.

Subjectively? felt that WiFi performance was better with previous release. Reverted to 06-17-2020-r43443.
Alica
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: La Fonera 2100
File/Kernel: both fonera-firmware.bin and linux.bin were used, latter flashed using RedBoot; kernel should be 3.2.102, last 3.2 version available
Previous/Reset: r33986, with reset
Mode/Status: Client with virtual AP
Issues/Errors: First flashed using r33986 webui. After power cycling, the wifi failed. RedBoot flashing was performed without luck. Later flashed r37961 and works. Since the image size reduced a lot between r43443 and r43471, I suspect there was something wrong laying between and will try some other revisions later.

A RED HORNED vehicle that will run 3 times FASTER
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wrong forum. Fonera is Atheros. The firmware in this thread should work:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=325092&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Not sure what happened, but I will contact BrainSlayer regarding this. A serial console log output would be helpful.

----------------------
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alica wrote:
Router/Version: La Fonera 2100
File/Kernel: both fonera-firmware.bin and linux.bin were used, latter flashed using RedBoot; kernel should be 3.2.102, last 3.2 version available
Previous/Reset: r33986, with reset
Mode/Status: Client with virtual AP
Issues/Errors: First flashed using r33986 webui. After power cycling, the wifi failed. RedBoot flashing was performed without luck. Later flashed r37961 and works. Since the image size reduced a lot between r43443 and r43471, I suspect there was something wrong laying between and will try some other revisions later.

yes its smaller. but thats no issue. thats just optimization. just flash it. and yes it may take 20 minutes until its flashed. i just tested it one week ago. so just wait and drink some tea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know what happened either. First I suspect the webui flashing was incomplete and failed, so I switched to RedBoot flashing and completed flashing without error. But after that I still could not access the router over wifi after multiple resets. And I did not happen to have a serial console line in the vicinity to further debug it.

I will post further flashing attempts in correspondent forum.

A RED HORNED vehicle that will run 3 times FASTER
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Might as well leave the discussion here until it can be split to a separate thread and moved. I could've already done it...

----------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: