Bricked Linksys E900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jainshubham97
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 19:17    Post subject: Bricked Linksys E900 Reply with quote
Hello All,
I was trying out DD WRT for my Linksys E900 but unfortunately have got stuck and in need of rescue. Here's what I did:
1. I installed 21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e900.bin. Installation was successful. worked perfectly
2. I used it for some time and then foolish me I tried installing dd-wrt.v24-43845_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k which has caused the router to brick. Following are the reasons:
a. Not getting any wireless signal
b. No TTL 64 ping response from the router
c. On Powercycle, I get 3 TTL 100 responses which means the bootloader is working fine.
d. The power LED on the router lights up on boot then vanishes completely. The ethernet LED works if a cable is connected

3. Knowing that, I tried tftp using the original linksys firmware FW_E900_v1.0.02.010_US_20120621 at the exact time when bootloader responded to ping. The TFTP was able to flash the router and responded with upgrade successful. After this moment, I get continuous TTL 100 ping responses from the router. Also the power LED has started blinking.

4. Now if I powercycle the router, it takes me back to the brick state with all the symptoms as in #2

Is it possible to recover this router without JTAG? Could you please suggest if I could try anything?

My computer is set to static IP 192.168.1.101 and gateway 192.168.1.1
Sponsor
turbowells
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
You'll probably have to initiate the tftp via the serial console.

You're probably having the issue described in this thread...

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=895421#895421

Even if it's not the same issue, you'll get more info from the serial connection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: