Joined: 16 Nov 2015 Posts: 4175 Location: UK, London, just across the river..
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:01 Post subject: New build - 06-12-2020-r43392 [PULLED]
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• WireGuard: Policy Based Routing, Kill Switch, Inbound Firewall, Naming of Peers, Status, Key, Guides. Thanks egc!
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Router/Version: Netgear WNDR3700 v1
Kernel: Linux WNDR3700 3.10.108-d10 #49636 Fri Jun 12 04:19:23 +04 2020 mips DD-WRT
Mode/Status: 5GHz WDS station
Issues/Errors: Not getting full speed over WDS since a couple releases back.
internal iperf3 and external speedtest caps out at TX 95mbit / RX 133mbit.