Install fresh firmware on 3200ACM LAN works, WIFI does not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
jifffy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 18:55    Post subject: Install fresh firmware on 3200ACM LAN works, WIFI does not Reply with quote
I have been trying anything and everything to get my wifi going, I qm using this revision *DD-WRT v3.0-r42819 std (03/30/20)* for my WRT 3200 ACM . For my 5ghz I have it set up like this:
AP
channel width 80
channel 157
Everything is standard untouched. For my 2.4 ghz setup I did it like this:
AP
Mixed
Wide HT 40
Channel 1
and the rest is standard un,touched, I have privoxy enabled for my maccbook, which is where I am having the wifi problem. Also I must say, this problem started 2 days ago, before I had great wifi with no issues but then my ISP messed with my gateway, telephone dropped, signal loss, and here we are today. Please help guys, I will try my best to answer all questions Sad
When I pull out the thunderbolt ethernet I loose all connection, even though the wifi icon is up on top lit up and it says it's active. Also another thing I noticed when I do a firmware upgrade, whhen I get to the Upgrade successful I get this message on the bottom that says: Please check the followiing before continuing again:

* If you have changed the routers IP address,please note that you must release /renew your client(s) addresses(s) on the network.

* If you are connected via wlan please join the network and then click continue,

Now this is the first time seeing such a message, it got me a bit worried about hackers.––
Sponsor
Argenis
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I highly recommend installing the latest (06042020) and reset configuration.

Leave the mode on mixed then do the 80mhz on wlan 0 and you can do 4 on wlan 1 if you want.

The messages are part of the new versions, they’re from developers and normal.

SD8887 802.11ac disabled but visible on GUI and CLI
TX Power 18 dBm
Antenna Gain 0 dBi
U-APSD (Automatic Power Save)Enabled 
Protection Mode None
RTS Threshold Disabled
Short Preamble Disabled 
Short GI Enabled
Single User Beamforming Enabled
Multi User Beamforming Enabled 
AP Isolation Disabled
Beacon Interval 100
DTIM Interval 2
WMM Support Enabled 
Radar Detection Disabled 
ScanList default
Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing) 500 (Default: 500 meters)
Max Associated Clients 256 (Default: 256 Clients)
Minimum Signal for authenticate -128
Minimum Signal for connection -128
Poll Time for signal lookup 10
Amount of allowed low signals 3
Wireless security is WPA2 Personal CCMP-128 only
QAM256 is on
jifffy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Argenis wrote:
I highly recommend installing the latest (06042020) and reset configuration.

Leave the mode on mixed then do the 80mhz on wlan 0 and you can do 4 on wlan 1 if you want.

The messages are part of the new versions, they’re from developers and normal.

Excuse my foolisness but what do you mean wlan 0 and wlan 1 ? Are those positions on the router ?
Argenis
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's the wireless lan 0, or the first antenna, the one that's displayed as 88W8964 802.11ac ath0 , WL1 would be the next one.
SD8887 802.11ac disabled but visible on GUI and CLI
TX Power 18 dBm
Antenna Gain 0 dBi
U-APSD (Automatic Power Save)Enabled 
Protection Mode None
RTS Threshold Disabled
Short Preamble Disabled 
Short GI Enabled
Single User Beamforming Enabled
Multi User Beamforming Enabled 
AP Isolation Disabled
Beacon Interval 100
DTIM Interval 2
WMM Support Enabled 
Radar Detection Disabled 
ScanList default
Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing) 500 (Default: 500 meters)
Max Associated Clients 256 (Default: 256 Clients)
Minimum Signal for authenticate -128
Minimum Signal for connection -128
Poll Time for signal lookup 10
Amount of allowed low signals 3
Wireless security is WPA2 Personal CCMP-128 only
QAM256 is on
jifffy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nothing is working guys, I have tried many diffferent firmware revisions with no luck, it was working just fine 3 days ago and now its dead in the water. The wifi connects to my macbook, but it just doesnt go online.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Re-read the installation and cliff notes sticky. Obviously, you have a bad configuration. Not sure if there have been any changes for Atheros that affected Marvell and Ralink/MediaTek/Experimental Broadcom, but it shouldn't be that difficult.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
mindwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Remember to set the Extension Channel

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/QCA_wireless_settings#Extension_Channel
jifffy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
mindwolf wrote:
Remember to set the Extension Channel

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/QCA_wireless_settings#Extension_Channel

It's set automatically to LU-2 channel 157. I noticed under wireless status ath0 that my radio is OFF channel quality is 25% and rate is disabled yet under my ath1 my radio is on and channel quality is better. How can I turn the radio back on ?
mindwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
try on the admin > commands page or ssh into your device and try wifi down && wait 10 && wifi up. Also try switching channels from auto to 36, or 149 on the 5ghz band.
jifffy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
mindwolf wrote:
try on the admin > commands page or ssh into your device and try wifi down && wait 10 && wifi up. Also try switching channels from auto to 36, or 149 on the 5ghz band.

wifi down && wait 10 && wifi up
-sh: wifi: not found so no on that one and I tried each channel frm 36 to 157. And to make things worse, I am using 2 3200ACM routers to try to fix this issue, yes you heard me right, I bought a spare one a while ago. And neither of them can use wifi. Please help Crying or Very sad
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Somethings to try . . . assuming the radios are reported as on.

On the Wireless/Wireless Security tab make sure the Security mode is set to WPA and both "WPA2 Personal" and "CCMP-128 (AES)" are checked and nothing else for both radios.

Make sure there are no special characters in the password.

If this is the first time your wireless devices are connecting to this firmware version but won't connect try "forgetting" or "deleting" the network on a wireless device and reconnecting it to the wireless network. If it connects do the same for the others. I had an issue where our Amazon tablets would not connect when all other devices would. Forgetting the the network fixed it. Issue on one release only as I never had the problem with future releases.

Check the Wireless/MAC Filter tab and make sure it's disable or if it is enabled make sure your wireless devices MAC addresses are entered or not depending on you enabled choice.
jifffy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Monza wrote:
Somethings to try . . . assuming the radios are reported as on.

On the Wireless/Wireless Security tab make sure the Security mode is set to WPA and both "WPA2 Personal" and "CCMP-128 (AES)" are checked and nothing else for both radios.

Make sure there are no special characters in the password.

If this is the first time your wireless devices are connecting to this firmware version but won't connect try "forgetting" or "deleting" the network on a wireless device and reconnecting it to the wireless network. If it connects do the same for the others. I had an issue where our Amazon tablets would not connect when all other devices would. Forgetting the the network fixed it. Issue on one release only as I never had the problem with future releases.

Check the Wireless/MAC Filter tab and make sure it's disable or if it is enabled make sure your wireless devices MAC addresses are entered or not depending on you enabled choice.

If I am understanding you correctly, you want me to check if my macbook has to *forget* it's previous connections ? How do I do this exactly.
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
jifffy wrote:
If I am understanding you correctly, you want me to check if my macbook has to *forget* it's previous connections ? How do I do this exactly.

Sorry, I've never had a Mac so I can't give you much help. The reason I suggest removing and replacing your network connection is that I had the same problem with FireHD tablets after a router firmware update. Either something changed in the router firmware or a tablet update that caused the tablet to fail on connecting. Forgetting and reconnecting to my wireless network fixed the problem. Not saying that is your problem but just something to possibly eliminate as a problem.

Doing a search on YouTube I got these results that might be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=remove+wireless+network+on+mac+book+

Edit: Make sure you have your wireless network name and password written down should you decide to try this as you will need them when reconnecting.
mindwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
My apologies! Try an ethernet cable and ssh into the unit. then issue ip link set ath0 or ath1 (your interfaces) down, then wait 10 seconds and issue ip link set ath0 or ath1 (again your interfaces) up. I just setup my 3200acm last night with ddwrt in over 3 years but I can walk you through it.
jifffy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
mindwolf wrote:
My apologies! Try an ethernet cable and ssh into the unit. then issue ip link set ath0 or ath1 (your interfaces) down, then wait 10 seconds and issue ip link set ath0 or ath1 (again your interfaces) up. I just setup my 3200acm last night with ddwrt in over 3 years but I can walk you through it.

Well ok, if you have the time, here is where I am at. I reset the router to factory standard, i then set a login password. From there I set pool.ntp.org on the basic setup page and plug in my static IPs which are 1.1.1.1 1.0.0.1 and 8.8.8.8. I Then apply and move onto port forwarding, I set the correct source and IP and port and apply, (this by the way does not work also ) I then move onto the wifi page. I plug in my settings, AP. AC/N mixed, 80mhz, channel 157, and I apply. From there I set my SSID and my password wpa2 with sha256 /ccmp 128 aes. And I apply. From there i try to test my wifi connection, it connects just fine to my macbook, but it has no internet, I was thinking that maybe tihs is a DNS problem because the bar on URL jush moves a tiny portion then stops. and then it eventually times out. So what am I missing. I change some other things too but I dont think they are the problem. So how can you help.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: