Is DD-WRT for Buffalo WZR-600DHP2 stable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Sopalajo de Arrierez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 22:31    Post subject: Is DD-WRT for Buffalo WZR-600DHP2 stable? Reply with quote
I have a Buffalo WZR-600DHP2 (just unboxed, bought months ago), and I would like to install some open firmware, like DD-WRT (as of today, OpenWRT seems to have WiFi low throughputting, as stated on the "Notes" section (bottom) here: https://openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wzr-600dhp2 ).

Is DD-WRT correctly working on this router?

Thanks you.
Sponsor
Sopalajo de Arrierez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 22:28    Post subject: New info. Reply with quote
Found at OpenWRT site ( https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/buffalo/buffalo_wzr-600dhp2 ) the info:

Quote:
WZR-600DHP2D is same hardware, but preloaded with Buffalo DD-WRT firmware.

So, if DD-WRT is preloaded on a new brand sales product, I must asume it works OK.
Or not?
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used it on one for many years. Haven't put a recent build on it but it was stable through the early 2019 builds.
Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
Sopalajo de Arrierez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 23:11    Post subject: Tested last one and working Reply with quote
After reading you, I have decided to install the latest v3.0 Build 40559 firmware, and it seems to be working OK for now (just first tests): wireless 2.4GHz amd 5GHz have a throughput of respectively +60Mbps and +120Mbps , tested on a LG G5 mobile phone downloading a big file from Windows LAN share drive .

The good news is that DD-WRT firmware can be directly installed from Buffalo stock (non-DD-WRT) firmware (see (*1) below).

Thanks you, friend dpp3530 .

(*1) Note for those arriving here wanting to install DD-WRT from Buffalo stock firmware: installation failed with "Invalid Firmware" message when using Buffalo stock firmware v2.16. Solved upgrading Buffalo stock firmware to v2.18. After that, DD-WRT firmware was correctly accepted by the router.

Last edited by Sopalajo de Arrierez on Wed Jun 10, 2020 0:40; edited 1 time in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
40559 isn't the latest firmware.

Router Database wrote:
DISCLAIMER
This database may not have up-to-date information and may even recommend a build which might cause issues. As such, you should check the device specific forum (Broadcom, Atheros, MediaTek, etc.) first before flashing any build recommended in this database. There you will find build specific topics that discuss any issues with a particular build/release. For more up-to-date firmware files, please visit the firmware faq.

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FRIENDLY AND FAIR NOTICE

New Build - 06-04-2020-r43334

Installation Wiki

Where Do I Download Firmware?

Firmware FAQ

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Sopalajo de Arrierez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 0:50    Post subject: The last version on router database. Reply with quote
Uh... yes, indeed. Sorry.
I was just meaning «The latest version found on Router Database» as of now.
Sopalajo de Arrierez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09    Post subject: Flaws on 40599. Reply with quote
I spoke too soon: it seems there is a flaw on r40599 on the JFFS part, as there is no option to enable it.

I just updated to r43334 , and the problem seems to be solved. WiFi (both frequencies) working as well as before for now.
brucehvn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know this is an old thread, but I just had to chime in that I've used this Buffalo WZR-600DHP2 router for about 8+ years now with the dd-wrt firmware that came on it out of the box, DD-WRT v24SP2- (04/04/14) std - build 23709, and I can't really think of a single issue I've had with it over the years.

I didn't even realize that there were so many beta builds available because I just kept looking in the router database occasionally and didn't see anything new. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: