ASUS RT-N12 factory interface repeater question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
m-man21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:09    Post subject: ASUS RT-N12 factory interface repeater question Reply with quote
Hey, I wanted to know on this router, which comes with a repeater mode on the factory software, if you can have the repeater on a different ip address for its network.

On my dd-wrt router, when i have it in repeater mode, its repeating a network that runs on 10.0.0.1, but i set the repeater router to use 192.168.1.1, and it works fine, all the computers on the repeater side have 192.168.1.x address, which is what i want.

can this be done on the factory software of this ASUS RT-N12
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have several of those routers, but I've never used the OEM firmware, ever. So I don't really know the answer from experience. But a quick check of the manual suggests that the networks are the same because repeater mode disables the DHCP server and firewall (something you wouldn't do if the networks were different).

In general, when it's the same IP network on each side of the repeater, it's considered a "repeater bridge". And that's usually what the OEM firmware provides because it's what most ppl are expecting. When you have a *different* IP range on each side of the repeater, that's just a "repeater" (unbridged). It's also known as a WISP (wireless ISP) router.

ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: