Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 13:36 Post subject: New Build - 07/17/2020 - r43824
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in the GUI but v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. 6246
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices(only MIPS<->MIPS) and bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work in some configurations in certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead.
• VAPs not working at bootfixed for unbridged VAPs with r40564:40566.Workaround startup command:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas(there are a few alternatives, search).
• If start-up scripts do not work from USB add a delay (e.g. wait script or 'sleep 25').
• For Broadcom ARM devices that do not show all 5GHz channels, via telnet/ssh: nvram set brcm_unlock=1(enter),
nvram commit(enter), nvram reboot(enter)
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Router/Version: Netgear R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43824 std (07/17/20) (prev. DD-WRT v3.0-r43718 std (07/09/20))
Kernel: Linux 4.4.230 #608 SMP Fri Jul 17 08:00:26 +04 2020 armv7l
Mode: Gateway, Wifi disabled, Wireguard for external access, WAN to DSL
Status: 12m up, everything ok.
Router/Version: Asus RT-N66U
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43824 big (07/17/20) (prev. DD-WRT v3.0-r43718 big (07/09/20))
Kernel: Linux 4.4.230 #2674 Fri Jul 17 14:37:12 +04 2020 mips
Mode: Gateway, Wifi disabled, Wireguard Endpoint for external VPS, connected via DHCP WAN to WRT1900ACS v2
Status: 5m up, ok.