Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 7203 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 16:13 Post subject: New Build - 06-04-2020-r43334
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• WireGuard: Policy Based Routing, Kill Switch, Inbound Firewall, Naming of Peers, Status, Key, Guides. Thanks egc!
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
and will smartdns ever be useful by allowing CUSTOM CONFIGS... at least found a much faster ad blocking method with unbound over dnsmasq in the mean time, guess i dont really care about smartdns anymore its not getting attention anyway.. _________________ LATEST FIRMWARE(S)
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers
DD-WRT v3.0-r43334 std (06/04/20)
Linux 4.9.226 #572 SMP Thu Jun 4 01:21:45 +03 2020 armv7l
GUI install over r43192
moved many GB thru its SAMBA and NO problems at all
everything seems very good Uptime 15:23
main gateway router
both radios good
VLAN on port4 + ath0.1 +ath1.1 via br1 isolated net
samba share 32GB flash drive ext4
HFSC CAKE (CPU set to ondemand)
Joined: 06 Feb 2018 Posts: 47 Location: Vienna, Austria
Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 17:39 Post subject:
Router/Version: TP-Link TL-WDR4300v1.7
File: DD-WRT v3.0-r43334 std (06/04/20)
Kernel: Linux 3.10.108-d10 #48978 Thu Jun 4 02:09:01 +04 2020 mips
Issues/Errors: None so far
Uptime: 30 mins
update: via CLI
status operational 24+
errors: none related to my set up, R7800 seems stable no more sudden reboots as it started to happen on the last few builds...
for some odd reason i can see some troubles related to load balancing(wi-fi shaping)...
on the builds from the past wi-fi was much better, now some clients can take all the bandwidth and nothing left...
do notice I've never used QoS and it was fine, now its needed..
If this continues I'm considering going back to an old builds...as my ISP speed is mixed local + world and QoS is a mess with those type of connections... _________________ Atheros
TP-Link WR740Nv1 ------DD-WRT 44251 BS AP,NAT
TP-Link WR740Nv4 ------DD-WRT 44251 BS WAP/Switch
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 444406 BS AP,NAT,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 44340 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Netgear R7800 -------DD-WRT 44340 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Netgear R7000 -------DD-WRT 44340 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913