Wrt54gl version 1.1 new flash - root and admin don't work -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
petubl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:00    Post subject: Wrt54gl version 1.1 new flash - root and admin don't work - Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I have a wrt54gl that has served me well over the years. A year or so ago i tried something clever (I cannot remember what) and i semi-bricked it. I had no html access to it, but i could ping it.

I tried and tried but failed to unbrick it. I let it sit in my bookcase for some time. This morning i tried again.

I pinged it and it kept giving me ttl=64 which in the Peacock post said it was a good thing. I also noticed that sometimes when i took out the power, it would briefly give a ttl=100

I read a bit more the peacock and other posts, then downloaded the tftp2.exe file and i managed to catch it when it was at ttl=100 and i flashed the linksys original firmware. I could login with admin admin.

I then flashed the micro image that the ddwrt site points me to, it is r-40559.

I gave a cry of success when i saw the screen with the dd-wrt logo and all the information. But when i clicked on another tab, i get a login prompt, but sadly root and admin gets me nowhere... On chrome it takes me to a blanc html page. I even tried on edge and it gives me the prompt three times before saying i am locked out. At this point a restart router to repeat the same with no success...

I did nothing to change passwords - this is the first boot of dd-wrt and the "default" password does not work...

Am i doing something wrong? I would appreciate your help!

Thank you

petubl
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
It should've asked you to change the user and password after initial flash from stock firmware. Only thing I can suggest is a 30-30-30 hard reset and try logging back into the webUI using something not Chromium-based. Chrome does not work well with the webUI. Also, 40559 is not an ideal build. Use 43192 or newer (Anything newer than 43192 reports as 43195)...

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/05-19-2020-r43192/broadcom/

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
petubl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks buddy! I had to 30-30-30 twice and then it prompted me to set a new password.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: