Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 17:48 Post subject: New Build - 05/29/2020 - r43290
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• WireGuard: Policy Based Routing, Kill Switch, Inbound Firewall, Naming of Peers, Status, Key, Guides. Thanks egc!
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
It was working before hand. I checked all settings with VPN Server Manager. I'm using L2TP/IPSec, I have ports 500, 4500, and even had 1701 open and forwarded to router's local IP. When I'm within the network (LAN and WLAN), it connects when I use the domain (ex fqdn.domain.tld). Outside the network using the same domain name, it doesn't connect.
Known issue or is it me? I've triple checked and I can't find the fault. If anybody has a solution or can me to a thread/page, I will bow in your general direction.
Other than that, this build has been up for two hours and it's running great with the exception of SoftEther.