VLAN configuration on WRT1900ACS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
MOzgaf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 17:08    Post subject: VLAN configuration on WRT1900ACS Reply with quote
I am running DD-WRT v3.0 Build: 40559 on WRT1900ACS. I am trying to enable PPPoE and VLAN to access the internet.

I have the settings configured on the original ISP router and the factory linksys image but after flashing it to DD-WRT I cannot get connected to internet. I have tried configuring it through the web interface but it does not work and I don't know if I am doing it correctly.

from the link
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=306373&highlight=pppoe+vlan+wrt1900ac

Is the code below correct corresponding to the screenshot? and is the DD configuration correct.

Code:

swconfig dev switch0 set reset 1
swconfig dev switch0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 1 set ports "5t 0 1 2 3"
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 2 set ports "5t 4t"
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 2 set vid [b]10[/b]
swconfig dev switch0 set apply
ifconfig eth0 up
ifconfig eth1 up
vconfig set_name_type VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD
vconfig add eth0 1
vconfig add eth0 2

Even executing this code is not working. after executing it I cannot reconnect to the router to check what is the status. I have to reset the router and start again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
DISCLAIMER

This database may not have up-to-date information and may even recommend a build which might cause issues. As such, you should check the device specific forum (Broadcom, Atheros, MediaTek, etc.) first before flashing any build recommended in this database. There you will find build specific topics that discuss any issues with a particular build/release. For more up-to-date firmware files, please visit the firmware faq.

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FRIENDLY AND FAIR NOTICE

Where Do I Download Firmware?

Firmware FAQ

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/

Also, refer to the stickies and announcements at the top of this forum as well as rules and guidelines.

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
MOzgaf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Quote:
DISCLAIMER

This database may not have up-to-date information and may even recommend a build which might cause issues. As such, you should check the device specific forum (Broadcom, Atheros, MediaTek, etc.) first before flashing any build recommended in this database. There you will find build specific topics that discuss any issues with a particular build/release. For more up-to-date firmware files, please visit the firmware faq.

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FRIENDLY AND FAIR NOTICE

Where Do I Download Firmware?

Firmware FAQ

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/

Also, refer to the stickies and announcements at the top of this forum as well as rules and guidelines.

Hi Thanks for the quick reply.

I have spent over 3 months reading the links referenced before I flashed to DDWRT firmware to get as much information as possible and I did download the html files to be able to use offline if that did happen.

I also did my homework and read the rules and searched the forum for similar issue but like every forum they resolve the issue but they do not post what was the solution.

I am not a networking expert, all I want to know is I have setup the PPPoE correctly but what about the VLAN? ( the 4th attachment did not get attached to original post)

Thank you again
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you read that much, why are you stuck on 40559, which is a junk build? The forum software only allows 3 attachments per post. I presume that you have read this thread regarding vlans on Marvell devices. As someone once told me, "Find the most complete book, read it cover to cover; read it again; when you think you have a clue, keep reading."

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: