WRT54GL (TMobile version) and WPA2 AES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nricciardi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:37    Post subject: WRT54GL (TMobile version) and WPA2 AES Reply with quote
Hi there everyone.
Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

I'm looking into using an old WRT54GL (the Tmobile version with 32K of memory) as an access point.

Got DDWRT installed (from Tomato) all is working well, but I don't see WPA2 AES as an option. TKIP is there but AES is missing.

I'm using build 40559 (mega generic) - according to the site it is the recommended version for this router.

Is AES available on this build?

Everything is working, wifi is ok.... only issue is AES that in this application is mandatory.

I thank everyone in advance for any hint.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do not go by the router database. The current latest release is 43516. https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/06-25-2020-r43516/broadcom/

Main Download Site
HTTPS Download Site
FTP Download Site

https://dd-wrt.com/support/router-database/ wrote:
DISCLAIMER

This database may not have up-to-date information and may even recommend a build which might cause issues. As such, you should check the device specific forum (Broadcom, Atheros, MediaTek, etc.) first before flashing any build recommended in this database. There you will find build specific topics that discuss any issues with a particular build/release. For more up-to-date firmware files, please visit the firmware faq.

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FRIENDLY AND FAIR NOTICE

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: