Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 16:09 Post subject: New Build - 05/19/2020 - r43192
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• WireGuard 1.0 & tools! New GUI Tunnel options since r42872; now with key management! Setup guides: Client & Server by egc
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Router/Version: Linksys WRT3200ACM
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43192 std (05/19/20)
File/Kernel: Linux 4.9.223 #1796 SMP Tue May 19 01:32:15 +03 2020 armv7l
Previous/Reset: DD-WRT v3.0-r43171 std (05/16/20)
Mode/Status: Main router for home
Uptime: 9 min
Issues/Errors: None so far
Upgraded WRT1200AC v1 from r43078 to r43192 using Firefox 76.0 (64 bit) running on Linux Mint 19.3 OS.
Successful update and reboot. No reset, nothing disabled prior to update, uptime 2 hrs, wireless connected, vpn up immediately. I do not use NAS. SFE is always disabled. OpenVPN client/DNSMasq, QoS with PIE always enabled.
OpenVPN 2.4.9 arm-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on May 19 2020
library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1g 21 Apr 2020 LZO 2.09
No syslog red errors with usual yellows. Seems quick and responsive. My 1200 v1's don't have a load average issue but my network is simple with three wired and 6 wireless devices . . . or it might be a 1900/3200 issue ??
Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 17:01 Post subject: WRT32X
Good news, ath2 is disappeared!
But ath0 (Wifi 5.8G) is disabled, the Web-UI can not be loaded with browser. Ping test is normal. Telnet is not available. No wifi!
Moreover, if ath1 (Wifi 2.4G) is disabled, the Web-UI can not be loaded with browser. Ping test is normal. Telnet is not available. Wifi AP is showed with device but devices cannot connect to the router!
CPU Loading keep on more 50%.
The old config is not suitable for this build due to ath2 is not available.
Last edited by M on Thu May 21, 2020 17:33; edited 1 time in total
OpenVPN CLIENT seems fine (nordvpn server)
5GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) conditional 40MHz Mixed
2.4GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) conditional - Disabled
NAS via USB Samba conditional
Samba still asking for credentials that don't exist on Windows 10 after a short time, and wifi stops functioning properly after about 24 hours. Either refuses connections, or connects with no throughput. Needs a reset to recover.