Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 14:21 Post subject: New Build - 05/09/2020 - r43099
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• WireGuard 1.0 & tools! New GUI Tunnel options since r42872; now with key management! Setup guides: Client & Server by egc
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: syslog output, 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with any relevant configuration information.
Joined: 30 May 2017 Posts: 529 Location: Rural Manitoba
Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 14:29 Post subject:
24+ hrs. run time
WRT3200acm Master r43012 - > r43099 No reset no config changes
Wrt3200acm WDS Station r43078 - > r43099 No reset no config changes
Wrt1900 V1 WDS Station r31924 - > r43099 No reset no config changes
WRT1900 V! WDS Station r43078 - > r43099 No reset no config changes
WRT1200 V1 LAN r43078 - > r43099 No reset no config changes
Moved 2.4Ghz devices from 1200 back to 3200
*** No loss of DHCP or other problems. ***
Very stable so far on all Routers.
**** UPDATE ****
Although it doesn't appear to be causing any problems I have noticed this error in the logs of my 3200 WDS Station;
kernel [132141.565193] ieee80211 phy0: slow: space 3774(9290) is not enough
Periodic in nature as it appears a few times then not again for many hours. _________________ WRT3200acm Master WDS 5GHz 80Mhz CH 36 (+6) r44048
Ath1 2.4Ghz Disabled
99 Static Leases
WRT3200acm r44048 WDS Station 5Ghz
Ath1 AP N/G Mixed Channel 11 HT40
WRT1900Ac V1 5Ghz r44048 WDS Station
(Defective, no 2.4Ghz but 5Ghz works great)
WRT1900AC V1 5Ghz AC 80Mhz WDS Station r44048
2.4Ghz AP Ch1 HT20 Mixed
(SPARE)WRT1900AC V1 r44048 On LAN
5Ghz WDS AP Ch149(+6) 80Mghz
2.4Ghz Ch 6 20Mhz N/G Mixed
WRT1200AC V1 r44048 LAN
2.4Ghz 20Mhz Ch 6 Mixed
5 Ghz 80Mhz Ch 149 (UUU+6) WDS AP
WRT54G DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 micro AP CH 6 Mixed - Not in use
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 16:55 Post subject: WRT3200ACM
Router: Linksys WRT3200ACM
Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r43099 std (05/09/20)
Kernel: Linux 4.9.222 #1778
Previous: 03/13/2020 - r42681
Reset: Yes and Manually configure
Mode: Gateway and API
Status: up 2hrs / Good so far
UPDATE: I am not saying this is a bad build (IT MAY INDEED BE DEPENDING ON USER'S NEEDS) but after running for 24 hours, some wifi connections started dropping. I have reverted back to 42681 (HAS BEEN SOLID FOR 2 MONTHS - WITH DAILY REBOOTS) to make my family happy
Last edited by steve2088 on Wed May 13, 2020 14:13; edited 1 time in total
OpenVPN CLIENT seems fine (nordvpn server)
5GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) Seems fine 40MHz Mixed
2.4GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) Disabled
NAS via USB Samba fine so far
Looking forward to your updates on SMB.
This has been a deal breaker for me so far on the newer builds. _________________ WRT3200ACM - Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r35681 std (04/06/18).
WRT160N - Repeater - Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/02/15) mini.