Cannot connect to VAP when added to bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Octaviour
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:30    Post subject: Cannot connect to VAP when added to bridge Reply with quote
I am trying to setup a bridge between a VAP and a VLAN. As a first step I add a VAP. This works fine if I have the VAP in unbridged mode. I can connect and when I assign a DHCP server, I also get assigned an IP. However, when I set the VAP in bridged mode, I cannot connect at all. This is the case, both when the VAP is in br0 and when added to a new bridge br1. I tried adding a DHCP server on the bridge, but this did not work (expected as I cannot connect to the network at all).

I was under the impression that this should be a very simple configuration step, and I am at a loss as to where the problem might be. I was therefore hoping one of you could point me in the right direction. Some details:
Router: Netgear R7000 (I think version 1, not specified on the device)
dd-wrt version: v3.0-r41892 std (01/05/2020)
kernel version: Linux 4.4.208-rc1

P.S. this is my first post in this forum and I am very new to dd-wrt. Any tips are appreciated.

----

Some background on my network: I am trying to have three (more or less) separate networks: one on which most of my devices connect (main); one for guests (guest) and one on which I connect potentially unsecure home automation equipment (IoT). Devices on main should be able to see each other and the internet, devices on guest should only be able to reach the internet and devices on IoT should only be able to reach a server running home assistant. This server should also be accessible to devices on main, which is why I want to do it all in one router.

I currently have the main network running with separate SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz. LAN ports are in VLAN1 (default), which is bridged to the main wifi using br0. I also have a working guest network at 2.4GHz only. This all works as expected.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: