Data usage date range

bkenobi69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 17:41    Post subject: Data usage date range Reply with quote
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered but I couldn't find a search term that would locate anything useful.

I have a Netgear R7800 with DD-WRT build 41075 installed. I see that under the status -> WAN tab I can see a monthly data usage breakdown. I would like to at some point do something finer than this (type of data etc), but for now, I'm interested in monthly totals. The output shows *almost* exactly what I want. I would like to set a different start/end date for the period so it lines up with what my data provider is looking at. That means that instead of looking at April 1-30, I would prefer to be able to look at April 8-May 7. I see that each day can be hovered over and the daily usage displayed so I assume the needed data is there and just needs post processing.

This is mostly for interest right now so I'm hoping there's a simple way to do it. If it involves a bunch of coding I'm not likely to invest time right now (too many other higher priority projects).
Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
All of that information is stored in nvram, or if you use the backup button, it downloads as a space separated values. Then you can load in and play with in Libreoffice Calc (or excel)
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
have a look at Yamon...at the top of General Questions
so, far the best monitoring solution...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
bkenobi69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
YAMon looks perfect. I'm debating between v3 and v4. I'm not planning on keeping it up to date with daily builds, so I'm assuming using v3 might be better since v4 is in beta. Also, it recommends updating to the current firmware. When I installed the BS version in November, it appeared that 41075 was recommended over more current versions. Is there any known issue with using what may be considered an old WRT firmware with YAMon? I'm assuming it should be ok and I'm proceeding cautiously but figured I'd ask at the same time I said THANKS FOR THE LINK! Very Happy
bkenobi69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
FWIW, I installed YAMon3 this evening and it looks amazing as expected! I didn't read the recommended USB drive recommendation so I just grabbed the first one in my drawer which happened to be 64MB. I have it all up and running but will have to replace it with a 4GB when I dig one up. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: