Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 16:11 Post subject: New Build - 05/07/2020 - r43078 (r43084)
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• WireGuard 1.0 & tools! New GUI Tunnel options since r42872; now with key management! Setup guides: Client & Server by egc
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: syslog output, 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with any relevant configuration information.
Joined: 30 May 2017 Posts: 514 Location: Rural Manitoba
Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:36 Post subject:
Upgraded all routers -> r43078
No problems at first.
Eventually lost DHCP.
Could not Telnet in.
Accessed GUI via 2.4 Ghz AP
Downgraded to r43012
WRT1900V1 was having constant Stop/Starts on two IP Cameras.
Changed cameras from Fixed to Dynamic IP. Have all devices in static table so re-connect went well.
Seems to be stable at the moment. Will update later. _________________ WRT3200acm Master WDS 5GHz 80Mhz CH 36 (+6) r44538
Ath1 2.4Ghz Disabled
99 Static Leases
WRT3200acm r44538 WDS Station 5Ghz
Ath1 AP N/G Mixed Channel 11 HT40
WRT1900Ac V1 5Ghz r44538 WDS Station
(Defective, no 2.4Ghz but 5Ghz works great)
WRT1900AC V1 5Ghz AC 80Mhz WDS Station r44048
2.4Ghz AP Ch1 HT20 Mixed
(SPARE)WRT1900AC V1 r44048 On LAN
5Ghz WDS AP Ch149(+6) 80Mghz
2.4Ghz Ch 6 20Mhz N/G Mixed
WRT1200AC V1 r44048 LAN
2.4Ghz 20Mhz Ch 6 Mixed
5 Ghz 80Mhz Ch 149 (UUU+6) WDS AP
WRT54G DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 micro AP CH 6 Mixed - Not in use
EX6200 DD-WRT r38535 - Spare
EX7000 Stock Firmware Spare
Devices and Cameras and Sensors
15 WiFi cameras, 4 desktops, 2 laptop, 12 Sonoff Basic/TH16, Artisan 700 Printer, Ongoing testing of other devices.
OpenVPN CLIENT seems fine (nordvpn server)
5GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) Seems fine 40MHz Mixed
2.4GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) Disabled
NAS via USB Samba occasionally asks for credentials that don't exist. (<Save> <Apply Settings> resolves).
Finally figured what was causing all build upgrades to fail on my 3200ACM, which was a mix of https only web access and WL0 being off.
This build is working so far on both my 3200ACM and 32X.
Will report back if there's any issues. _________________ Router: Linksys WRT3200ACM
88W8964 802.11ac ath0 Mode AP VHT80 Mixed Mode
88W8964 802.11ac ath1 Mode AP HT40 Mixed Mode
SD8887 802.11ac disabled but visible on GUI and CLI
OpenVPN enabled, client mode
Port forwarding disabled
DHCP server mode, enabled
DNSCrypt and Validate DNS Replies