Static Ip PPPoE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:27    Post subject: Static Ip PPPoE Reply with quote
Hey
I have a Netgear R7800 Router connected with my ISP modem/router,
i have some trouble setting my Static Ip for PPPoE connection connected to my modem,
My kabels go from Wan port router to Lan port Modem, all devices are connected to router,
As ive been switching the configuration on DD-Wrt build r33010M,
ive got this working 1 time by accident as i found out about it.
Usually i'm using the connection type PPPoE, and getting public ip from my ISP
I'm then using DHCP on it and giving out ip adresses to 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.150
my modem gateway is 192.168.0.1 and DHCP is on aswell for my television connections.
Now i found this with switching connection type from PPPoE to Static Ip,
The Ip settings on it, like i was getting my public Ip as IP adres(91.136.16.....)
and my gateway was 62.1.200.4 i think this is the main gateway from my ISP modem
so everything was filled out when switching to Static only had to change subnet mask
to 255.255.255.240 else i could not accept it, my Router Ip was 192.168.1.1 at that moment,
i was getting connection with the static ip adres, and my internet connection and speed rapidly
improved, i was getting lower latency faster browse speed no NAT issue's or buffer problems
but i was getting IP from my modem's gateway in the range from modem DHCP 192.168.0.6
istead of my routers DHCP so my router was invisible at this moment,
could not connect to the Web Gui aswell only to modem web page, but then i needed to do
reset to get the routers Web Gui back, but now i cant find out how to make this work again,
while i still can use my routers Web Gui for configuration, i could use DDNS and i have that set up,
but now i dont get internet connection or Ipv4 on it while using the Static Ip from PPPoE that i get
from my ISP modem, what ive noticed what i did the first time it was working that the DNSMasq were Off for DHCP and DNS and the authorization aswell ,
i still have a screenshot from the connection i used.
could anybody help me set up the Static Ip again while using my Public Ip
i ussually get from PPPoE connection, im not sure what i did to make it work before
i was just testing things out, but that was the best connection and response i got from my router
like ever!!!
hope somebody has a set up for this or could help me out that makes it possible again to make it work.
anyone familiar with this?
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, static IP and PPPoE are 2 different connection interfaces its like two different car brands you cant use engine bits from one car to the other it will not work in that way.....the essence of PPPoE is connection to be dynamic i ve never seen static IP on PPPoE what i've seen is very long time to be on the same IP but there are no settings for adding static IP while on PPPoE interface...
Usually PPPoE comes from/with DSL modem like mine for example, static IP interface comes from either router or switch totally different interface than PPPoE....personally i've no idea how did it work accidentally, as you stated above...
What you can do is to ask ISP to give you Static IP over PPPoE instead of Dynamic so you will obtain always the same IP over PPPoE, but this extra is very rare to happen among ISP's, you can call them for a laugh...

There is always a way to access GUI, you have to set static IP on your PC in rage of the specified IP addresses...no need to reset, if you modem was on the same IP than disconnect the unit from modem unit and set IP and than access it...its simple...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 44627 BS AP,NAT,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -----DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -----DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
well, static IP and PPPoE are 2 different connection interfaces its like two different car brands you cant use engine bits from one car to the other it will not work in that way.....the essence of PPPoE is connection to be dynamic i ve never seen static IP on PPPoE what i've seen is very long time to be on the same IP but there are no settings for adding static IP while on PPPoE interface...
Usually PPPoE comes from/with DSL modem like mine for example, static IP interface comes from either router or switch totally different interface than PPPoE....personally i've no idea how did it work accidentally, as you stated above...
What you can do is to ask ISP to give you Static IP over PPPoE instead of Dynamic so you will obtain always the same IP over PPPoE, but this extra is very rare to happen among ISP's, you can call them for a laugh...

There is always a way to access GUI, you have to set static IP on your PC in rage of the specified IP addresses...no need to reset, if you modem was on the same IP than disconnect the unit from modem unit and set IP and than access it...its simple...

Ok well what i mean with static ip for PPPoE is, if im running PPPoE connection and i switch to Static Ip
connection, that the public IP i was using on PPPoE, automaticly goes onto the Static Ip settings, i can change this yes but why should i, im now using this static ip public ip, and my connection speed is somehow abit better then when i was using PPPoE connection, or maybe i used wrong setting in PPPoE connection.
Now im Using routed more with RIP2 OSFP dynamic routing on WAN with static IP and i can connect,
but then its like the same as just using a switch and even then the setting comes up i could check to switch WAN port to normal switch LAN

Should i turn off SPI firewall when on PPPoE Connection ?
And uPnP disabled, cause when im using these settings i feel the net is handling more traffic,
My Modem is default using uPnP connection cant turn that one off, only could turn off DHCP but
is needed aswell, firewall i can change to Low/medium/high thats all, the only thing i can do it
turning off the PPPoE connection on modem and use it on my router and connect all devices with the router and using WiFi aswell, should this setting give me a smoother and better internet connection
less traffic less buffering and lower latency's?

I thought the Static was a commonly used setting, cause until now i was getting the best connection out it for a while.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you want to connect direct to the ISP you need to put the router/modem in bridge mode.
If your ISP uses (requires) a PPPoE then you put your credentials in the r7800..... but you can't do that unless the modem/router is in bridge mode.

If you give exact model & version of your ISP modem someone can probably tell you how to bridge it if it's possible.

Also you cannot force a static IP to the ISP only use static WAN if they have specifically gave you one to use.
And if they have they would also give DNS with it.
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
If you want to connect direct to the ISP you need to put the router/modem in bridge mode.
If your ISP uses (requires) a PPPoE then you put your credentials in the r7800..... but you can't do that unless the modem/router is in bridge mode.

If you give exact model & version of your ISP modem someone can probably tell you how to bridge it if it's possible.

Also you cannot force a static IP to the ISP only use static WAN if they have specifically gave you one to use.

Well I'm using bbox3 V2 from sagemcom factory
My ISP is SKYNET/Belgacom But i looked everywhere
Not MUCH info on bridging this modem not even the ISP
ITSELF know how to Do it, by Reading forums its almost
Impossible to get the modem fully bridged not even with serial
I'm from Belgium and our ISP is very restricted if you Google it
Youlle notice. Ive been looking for this the day i found out about
Dd-wrt and that has been Pretty long if Anybody knows about These modems
I would be gratefull But i doubt it.
Thanks for reply.
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
mrjcd wrote:

Well I'm using bbox3 V2 from sagemcom factory
My ISP is SKYNET/Belgacom But i looked everywhere
Not MUCH info on bridging this modem not even the ISP
ITSELF know how to Do it, by Reading forums its almost
Impossible to get the modem fully bridged not even with serial
I'm from Belgium and our ISP is very restricted if you Google it
Youlle notice. Ive been looking for this the day i found out about
Dd-wrt and that has been Pretty long if Anybody knows about These modems
I would be gratefull But i doubt it.
Thanks for reply.

Mate i guess you are not picking it up.....
1. Here is DD-WRT forum strictly related to DD-WRT issues /testing /progress, if you need any info for any other services different from DD-WRT, you better first refer to their origin/brands like your modem or your ISP settings...
2. My advise is first read here and there than check google, than check youtube, than check any other source for any info available, than expose briefly your results here and look for help, otherwise to gain knowledge like trolling here and exposing problems not related with DD-WRT, than the level of help will decrease dramatically to none.....
3. Personally i spend more time reading here and there and i find my answers after i put some effort, if i ask for help here, it would be the final step, there is a tons of info to read before you ask and you will see if you put some effort you will get best results otherwise to get the food and someone has to chew it for you, and then to move down to your tommy, well its not gonna work like that...
I due to apologise if you find me a bit harsh, but this is the reality, effort means effort, and then comes the award otherwise life sucks if you think in that light...
4. To be honest i know in Belgium ISP sucks badly and they insist service users to stick to their equipment due to their anty-terrorist regulations, so you have to either find someone who's in Belgium and has some experience or just admit it...
the other option is to buy another DSL modem and use it instead like i did back in the days but i doubt it will be that easy...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 44627 BS AP,NAT,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -----DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -----DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
crashdmmy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1061051
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: