Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:20 Post subject: New Build - 04/20/2020 - r42954
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• WireGuard! New GUI Tunnel options have appeared since r42872, script no longer required!
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: syslog output, 'dmesg', 'cat /var/log/messages', serial output etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with any relevant configuration information.
Over the past weekend, my internet service seemed a little slower than normal. Speedtest and DSLReports both showed my download speeds about 10% lower than they were last week. I wrote that off to the weekend and maybe Xfinity working on the network. This morning it was the same.
I just installed the 4/20 build and my speeds are back to normal. Could there have been something slowing down transfer speeds in the 4/18 build? _________________ Netgear R9000 X10
DD-WRT v3.0-r44406 std (09/18/20)
DNSMasq, SmartDNS, Local DNS
IPv4 & IPv6 (Prefix Delegation)
QoS: HTB w/CAKE & ACK, SYN, FIN & RST
Static Leases & DHCP
2.4GHz: 10 + 6 (2457 MHz HT40), ACK Timing 0
5GHz: 100 + 106 (5500 MHz VHT80), ACK Timing 0