R7800 Discussion - 2016

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
the5rivers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
No need to flash the bin file. That is for subsequent flashing.

Thanks for the info. So thats pretty easy then. Could you elaborate on what you mean by subsequent flashing? I thought that folder was the latest build, etc.

Appreciate your help.
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems lede moved to a newer hostapd https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=commitdiff;h=f628d0e0e9adc5cf86a7d611e0d7c63cf6818188

https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=commitdiff;h=05abcf518d5e2b7d6526fd7a87a88a268030694a

https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=commitdiff;h=77ece30eb9ff8e580394532f5daea18d26b11d2f

anything in it for us/11ac fixes?

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
the5rivers wrote:
Malachi wrote:

Thanks for the info. So thats pretty easy then. Could you elaborate on what you mean by subsequent flashing? I thought that folder was the latest build, etc.

Appreciate your help.

Meaning the next new build, you flash the .bin file.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong,
That freq table I've posted doesn't work on current cpufreq-krait driver. It seems current driver parses pvs bin number from nvmem and that's pvs bin N4 in R7800, that's absent in that table.
It's strange, because in that qsdk repo cpufreq-krait driver defaults pvs bin to 0 for ipq8065 and to 1 for else...
Might be this misconfiguration lead to strange qos behavior because of not enough voltage supply?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lavaza wrote:
I've purchased the r7800 today and flashed the dd-wrt firmware from KONG on it. Working good so far, only the WiFI Leds are not working (looks like it will take some time until this will work - if it ever will) but i have another problem:

I'm using openvpn and the speed is almost the same as on the R7000. At the webinterface, the clock speed of the cpu goes never above 1000mhz, mostly it stays at 600-800. But this router should have 1700 MHz? Any chance to set it to 1.7 GHz? How can i do it, and what are the commands for?

I've also noticed that nvram get clkfreq (via SSH) doesn't work. If i enter the command, nothing happens. On the R7000 (also KONG DD WRT build) it worked without any problems.

for CPUFREQ in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor; do [ -f $CPUFREQ ] || continue; echo -n performance > $CPUFREQ; done

copy/paste the bolded text exactly as is onto the administration --> commands tab, click save startup, then reboot it after. that forces the cpu fixed max speed clocks, another user had ur issue & said this fixed it.

we cant overclock qualcomm cpus like broadcom, even though some chips do support it (some openwrt custom builds have overclocked ar7161 etc).

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

the5rivers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
the5rivers wrote:
Malachi wrote:

Appreciate your help.

Meaning the next new build, you flash the .bin file.

Ah ok. Thanks for the info, I appreciate your time.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
dissent wrote:
Might be this misconfiguration lead to strange qos behavior because of not enough voltage supply?

hope so..like to use htb again

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

the5rivers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I just flashed over Kongs build and am able to get internet through the LAN port (am running it behind an att uverse router), but for some reason after I change my wireless settings (mode, channel, ssid, etc) for both bands, the ssid does not show up when I search for it on my phone. However, it did show up before with default settings.

When I look under status, it shows channel unknown, transmit power 0, rate auto.

Oddly enough, for some reason I dont have advanced settings for either band, it shows ath1-wds and ath0-wds.

Its late, and I am probably missing something very simple, but any ideas or help? Thank you very much.
RoidDroidVoid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:

for CPUFREQ in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor; do [ -f $CPUFREQ ] || continue; echo -n performance > $CPUFREQ; done

copy/paste the bolded text exactly as is onto the administration --> commands tab, click save startup, then reboot it after. that forces the cpu fixed max speed clocks, another user had ur issue & said this fixed it.

we cant overclock qualcomm cpus like broadcom, even though some chips do support it (some openwrt custom builds have overclocked ar7161 etc).

Does this bring with it any risk of overheating? Is there any good reason to not run with the CPUs pegged? (Other than power consumption)

If this just changes the governor to performance, would it really run at max speed ALL of the time? Doesn't performance still scale the frequency based on demand but much more aggressively?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
RoidDroidVoid wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

Does this bring with it any risk of overheating? Is there any good reason to not run with the CPUs pegged? (Other than power consumption)

If this just changes the governor to performance, would it really run at max speed ALL of the time? Doesn't performance still scale the frequency based on demand but much more aggressively?

no, it only increasd my temp from 49c idle to 52c idle when i tried it. these ipq806x run cold. it keeps it at max, ondemand would do it more aggressively but still with clock reduction on idle, assuming our default is conservative

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CPU_frequency_scaling#Scaling_governors

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

the5rivers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I still have been unable to get my wireless working. I am really at a loss and confused because I did not experience any of this difficulty setting up my r7000 in the past.

I am very confused about the ath0/1-wds options as I have never seen these before and am wondering why its different from the r7000 interface which has the wl0/1 advanced tabs with multiple options (tx power, etc).

Did I flash the correct fw or is it a bad flash? I honestly have no idea what is going on and I am annoyed that I cant figure it out myself.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could offer some help.
dissent
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tatsuya46,
I suppose we can use stock Netgear freq scaling setup https://github.com/dissent1/netgear-r7800/blob/master/target/linux/ipq806x/base-files/etc/init.d/powerctl
except the string that sets min freq to 800mHz. I think there are reasonable values in that script for a router.
dissent
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
the5rivers wrote:
So I still have been unable to get my wireless working. I am really at a loss and confused because I did not experience any of this difficulty setting up my r7000 in the past.

I am very confused about the ath0/1-wds options as I have never seen these before and am wondering why its different from the r7000 interface which has the wl0/1 advanced tabs with multiple options (tx power, etc).

Did I flash the correct fw or is it a bad flash? I honestly have no idea what is going on and I am annoyed that I cant figure it out myself.

There's no advanced tab, advanced settings are available when hitting relative flag in the middle of wifi setup page.
You might have chosen channels that are not supported by regulatory domain?
the5rivers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
dissent wrote:
the5rivers wrote:

There's no advanced tab, advanced settings are available when hitting relative flag in the middle of wifi setup page.
You might have chosen channels that are not supported by regulatory domain?

Ah ok that makes sense then, and yes now that you mention it I did see the advanced settings within the wireless tab.

I am using the correct regulatory settings (USA), and the wireless works when I do not change any settings. However, the moment I change a setting and save it, I get the symptoms I mentioned previously, i.e. channel unknown, tx power 0, rate 0.

Thanks for your response.
the5rivers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for all the posts, but just wanted to update on my situation.

When I was changing the settings within the wireless tab, I got the errors I previously mentioned when I tried to change more than one setting at a time.

For some reason, I went through each setting individually and clicked "apply settings" after each change and my wireless is now working correctly.

I apologize for all the questions, but I was truly at a loss during my setup but thankfully was able to figure it out.

Also, there are some channels that I cannot use which is odd as I do have the US domain selected. For example I tried to pick 153 but I got the same errors as before (unknown channel, 0 tx power, etc). Also, what is the difference between the US and US public safety domain?

Thanks again.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 27 of 29
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: