Broly D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600 thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
SoLoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
NotAutistic wrote:
use caution in the latest builds, something is not right about the code; possibly malicious coding has been inserted.

Will post a report when I'm 100% certain of my findings. As of right now, I'm only 95% certain of what I've found.
[/b]

eh clown...

i probably used 90% of posted brolys builds and except minor issues here and there all where working fine...

if you dont know how to flash you cant blame him...
Sponsor
dil001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:14    Post subject: NTFS support Reply with quote
I am bit of struggling with accessing 1 TB NTFS drive over USB port in DIR-882. It is shows NTFS unsupported file system. I have used recent broly build. Do I need to do something specific to enable NTFS HDD?
SegFault22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
gustavrsh wrote:
Can anyone using this with the latest DDWRT build confirm it's working and safe to flash?

I bought this one to kickstart a gigabit network but the stock firmware is super lackluster, can't even set a DNS server on its own DHCP server (for Pihole), uPnP isn't working properly under stock too. Connection is unstable at times too.

I have the latest Broly firmware, and it works fine. I had been using the stock firmware but it was at best, so so (disconnects, hangs, etc...) I had updated to the latest DDWRT firmware a couple months back, but it didn't really improve things for my router. YMMV
gustavrsh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
SegFault22 wrote:

I have the latest Broly firmware, and it works fine. I had been using the stock firmware but it was at best, so so (disconnects, hangs, etc...) I had updated to the latest DDWRT firmware a couple months back, but it didn't really improve things for my router. YMMV

Initially I installed the latest Broly build (the SP one) and PPPoE didn't work. So I thought I could go back to stock firmware but couldn't install it (within ddwrt or recovery mode). While searching for stock firmware on the D-link FTP I found the a ddwrt build and installed that. PPPoE works now. It's a dated build (32693) but at least PPPoE is working.

I could try the broly build again (or update the vanilla build) if a solution to PPPoE is found.

EDIT: That was not stable at all. Tried the latest build on router database and it just bootloops. So I flashed stock again.

Seems like there isn't a 100% stable ddwrt build yet. I don't have the knowledge or know-how to help with it though. Good luck with you all.
DarkfullDante
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
SegFault22 wrote:
I have the latest Broly firmware

Do you have the link for the version. I'm new to DD-WRT, I have the stock version and I'm having slow wifi issue, especially on the 2.4GHz
DarkfullDante
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
DarkfullDante wrote:
Do you have the link for the version.

Well that was a stupid question.... Anyway I did find the links (Next time I'll learn to read the thread especially when the answer is the 4th post in it).

Can someone recommand what recent build to use. I seem to have poor 2.4GHz performance also. Any recommanded setting for that?
j0ep
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
j0ep wrote:
Good to read that the latest build seems to be working for some people. Which installation procedure did you follow?

Last build upgraded fine! Thanks @broly!
Iangh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrwulf wrote:
Can anyone with a DIR-882 confirm which firmware version is best to use?

The stock D-Link firmware is too restrictive.

I'm using DD-WRT v3.0-r39296 std (03/27/19). Over the last week I have tried Broly's and the standard DD-WRT based on users saying they had it working on DIR-882. I could not get them to work, and getting back to r39296 wasn't straightforward - at one stage I thought I would have to resurrect an old router. I have now decided to stay where I am until a whole bunch of DIR-882 users confirm they have a later working version.

Now, it could be I have been upgrading wrongly? I have simply been flashing over r39296. If anybody is using a later version using PPPoE, please post. I may get brave enough one day to try again.
T-Fork
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Broly : I tried your "4.14.170 and DD-WRT v42335"-release when i saw that you had included some updates for MT76.

While I could flash and set up the router, devices couldn't connect over wifi. Also telnet/ssh behaved sluggish even if load avg was 0.
Sorry but i forgot to copy dmesg output before reverting back to DD-WRT v3.0-r42132 std (01/28/20).
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone had much joy with Brolly's firmware.

I'm getting fed up with stock D-Link.
jefbuan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
yup im using his latest version and it's stable enough..
@broly
i cant use proftp , connection refused..anyway to enable this
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
jefbuan wrote:
yup im using his latest version and it's stable enough..
@broly
i cant use proftp , connection refused..anyway to enable this

I couldn't get PPPOE to work on Brolys latest version.

It just wouldn't connect.

Even tried creating a VLAN ID for my ISP.
phzr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 0:30    Post subject: Re: Broly D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600 thread Reply with quote
broly wrote:

G'day Broly. Thanks for your efforts.

It seems there's a few of us that can't connect to PPOE on the latest builds including yours. Is this still an active project of yours?

If there's anything we can do to assist let me know.

Cheers
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just tried your latest build @Broly.

PPPOE still not connecting.
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
What are my options for using your build whilst you fix PPPOE?

Do I just use it as an AP and get my modem to do the routing, firewall etc?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: