5GHz radio not working or low power out only - how to test?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
LIFFON
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:20    Post subject: 5GHz radio not working or low power out only - how to test? Reply with quote
Hello. I'm using Netspot (on a Mac) to look at WiFi traffic and in a WNDR 4000 running different builds I can't detect any or only low signal on the chosen 5GHz channel. The 2,4 GHz is reported having good signal strenght in Netspot. I haven't tried resetting it and setting it up again. I was thinking of returning it to factory Netgear firmware to see if the radio is working correctly. Or is there an other way to test this? The GUI says the 5GHz radio is on and it can say using 450MHz. I have a WNDR 3700 and a WNDR 4500 too both working fine and I've installed DD-WRT in an ASUS RT-AC N68U (?) which ran with a wireless bridge configuration with WAN port enabled and connected to the LAN VLAN (much better throughput than I expected when "leeching" of off the WIFI running in the first AP/Router connected to Internet). Also I want to use the higher 5GHz channels around channel 161 but I'm uncertain how to get at them in the WNDR 4500 (using an other firmware perphaps?). Why are the higher channels not available in some firmware? We have had some problems with APs changing channel to 36 probably when "seeing" radar traffic (I turned detection off - can anybody detect my setting? My thinking was 5GHz radio running in my home can't disturb any weather radar far away "too much "?).
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: