GW2347

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
BLD76
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 19:04    Post subject: GW2347 Reply with quote
I've used mikrotik in a few installations, and have not been real hapy with the results. high heat has caused board failure random througput fluctuation to basically no throughput or as lttle as 1meg. And change config then SSID will not even register in wireless manager.
I'm looking at proposing using Aviola boards in similar application for hospitality business in sub tropic condition 90-100 degrees F any thouhts from Avila users
Sponsor
hebeda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
there are avila modells made especially for harsh environment , they support -40 to +80° Celsius (-40 F to +176 F) working temperature.

Depending on your budget, add one of the following minipci cards with extendend working temperature range: Ubiquiti XR2, XR5 , Wistron DCMA-83 (single mmcx connector version), Alfa network AWPCI085H , their working temperature range is similar to the avila boards temperature range mentioned above.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
for high temperature situations the cambria or gw2348-4 might be much better than the gw2347. but even the gw2347 is a good solution, just take care about the 20 volt max poe. thats the only bootleneck of the gw2347. the gw2348-2/4 and gw2348/4-lite uses 48 volt max

Navigation

Jump to: