Netgear R7000 intermittent outage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
vslice24
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 17:25    Post subject: Netgear R7000 intermittent outage Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a Netgear R7000 running on r42803 std. I'm having an issue where I randomly lose internet. At the same time eveything that is wired to the router or switches also goes down. Wifi still works and I'm able to log into the router and make changes or reboot the device. If I wait long enough Internet and my wired devices start working again or if I reboot everything works again. I have tried swapping to another router (same model and firmware) and stil have the same symptoms. This all started maybe 2 weeks or so ago. i was running on r40270 for a while with no issue and then it started happening. i have tried downgraded to the latest kong release and still have the same problem. I just turned on system log and will post the next time it happens. let me know if i can provide any other information

thanks
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
this smells like improper use of save files...
did you use save file from a different builds...?
if so, you have to do reset and manually rebuild your settings..
in general do not use save files from a different builds...
also try to restart your modem, if you have one and wait for 5-6 min, before you turn your router on....
you have to admit, your problem could be related to your ISP too...so contact them if non of the above works for you...

otherwise to diagnose your problem we need more details about your current set up...

last thing, this post belongs to Broadcom forums section...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
vslice24
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
this smells like improper use of save files...
did you use save file from a different builds...?
if so, you have to do reset and manually rebuild your settings..
in general do not use save files from a different builds...
also try to restart your modem, if you have one and wait for 5-6 min, before you turn your router on....
you have to admit, your problem could be related to your ISP too...so contact them if non of the above works for you...

otherwise to diagnose your problem we need more details about your current set up...

last thing, this post belongs to Broadcom forums section...

save configs were from same build. i was trying to figure out if it was a router or ISP issue. It's just interesting that all my wired connections stop working but WIFI continues to work. Is there a way for me to move it over to the Broadcom forums or do i just repost?

thanks for the reply
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
nope moderators will move it ...

Its very strange as im on 42803 on my R7000 no complains switch is working and i use all of its 4 ports with no problems..
as you tried another router (same) and same problems
try another build, do reset and manually reconfigure...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: