COVID-19

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
just when we thought it couldn't get any stranger

New Jersey town enforcing social distancing with talking drones
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
just when we thought it couldn't get any stranger

New Jersey town enforcing social distancing with talking drones

At least it's talking drones and not armed drones? Yeah, I went there.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, got a keep a sense of humor about things and on that note. (not for the kiddies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE78oWjT3zo#action=share

one more, turn up volume and watch for it at the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0PBg_3iVBw&feature=emb_logo
gallo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
@05dyna ROFL
NAS: Iomega ix2-200 CE 4tb, Seagate 1tb usb drive
Wash your hands and DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE!!!
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 17:13    Post subject: I'm an introvert anyway Reply with quote
I wasn't going to put a comment here, but things are "close to home" now, so I'll say my 2 cents.

Two folks in or close to our circle have passed of the Wuhan virus. A co-worker's father that works with my daughter has passed of the virus, and an in-law in my wifes family has passed of the virus.

My wife and I are both retired, and reside in South Carolina full time. Its important to say that because the county we live in has an enormous infection rate due to tourist or part time residence. Spring Breakers and vacationers ignored the voluntary stay home orders. The Governor claims incoming traffic actually increased with the voluntary order. Its also important to understand that locals here don't generally frequent the tourist areas. We actually avoid those areas like the plague (pun intended). Vacationers and tourists tend to come off as rude and obnoxious, so you generally don't see locals near the tourist areas unless they work there.

The governor claims it wasn't until he issued a mandatory stay home order, and ordered the beaches, hotels, time shares, etc, to close, that the traffic was visibly changed. Is it true? I don't know, for other than going to the grocery for mandatory items, we have kept ourselves closed in. What I do know is I'm amazed at how so many seem to be uncaring and unwilling to voluntary do something so we don't see over reaching of government actions. I have to be honest folks, I'm not comfortable with some of the activity I see coming out of the feds and local governments around our country. While I understand the claim of "for your protection" is being stated, I have serious reservations about some of it being rescinded once this passes. The virus will pass, but will some of the control forced on us?

I keep thinking about the very common story about how a toll road is opened to become free once paid for, only to be kept on after expiration because it became a "cash cow" for some entity. I can see that happening in the case of this virus outbreak as well... Patriot act on steroids...

That's my 2 cents... God keep each and every one of you safe and healthy!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear of the sad news, @scar1943. Thank you for your sentiments and same to you and yours.

----------------------
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 0:43    Post subject: Re: I'm an introvert anyway Reply with quote
scar1943 wrote:
Patriot act on steroids...

We could end up with creepy Bill Gates’ microchips implants Evil or Very Mad
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep you can see similar measures/pictures everywhere, as well those dumb, ludicrous selfish cunt's that do not follow any orders or respect anything imposed by the government in order to contain the virus and get better soon, as they follow their own rules only...

sad to see...the real number of this general mass...everywhere around the globe...
sadly, if the shit continues the radical measures will become very drastic, not because those ppl that stay at home to save live's
be wise, stay safe...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Alozaros wrote:
by the way how are the networks ISP's here they cut off streaming quality by 25% as there is a serious use now...
But i expect more shit to come as the infrastructures here are pure joke....

Most of the ISPs in my area have removed any data caps that would normally be in place, have not had issues with streaming quality with mine in particular. But with everyone tele-commuting and working from home, I am sure the infrastructures are going to be getting taxed everywhere.

I find that interesting that some ISP's are removing data caps. Here in my area of SC, internet speeds have come to a screeching halt. I think their speed caps are intact, for my upload speed is still capped at our service agreement level. Our download speeds, however, are a fraction of our service agreement level. I have 200/20 service, and have been getting about 10/20 at times. I'm assuming because our ISP is exhausted due to more folks watching data streams.

kernel-panic69 wrote:
I'm sorry to hear of the sad news, @scar1943. Thank you for your sentiments and same to you and yours.

Thanks for your kind words panic! It is, what it is. Smile
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:57    Post subject: Re: I'm an introvert anyway Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
scar1943 wrote:

I'm amazed at how the news fawn over someone who, IMHO, built an empire based on stolen intellectual property. Yeah, I'm old enough to remember who the ole' pirate is. I was once an OS2 Engineer in my younger days. Smile
rkboni
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 21:03    Post subject: Re: I'm an introvert anyway Reply with quote
scar1943 wrote:
I have to be honest folks, I'm not comfortable with some of the activity I see coming out of the feds and local governments around our country. While I understand the claim of "for your protection" is being stated, I have serious reservations about some of it being rescinded once this passes. The virus will pass, but will some of the control forced on us?

I keep thinking about the very common story about how a toll road is opened to become free once paid for, only to be kept on after expiration because it became a "cash cow" for some entity. I can see that happening in the case of this virus outbreak as well... Patriot act on steroids...

That's my 2 cents... God keep each and every one of you safe and healthy!

Sorry to hear about the impact on your family... my condolences! Crying or Very sad

A friends' husband, a very fit and athletic guy ended up in the ICU and on assistive oxygen, and even as a guy who would bike 100+ miles daily was limited to brief strolls around his hospital room due to how little oxygen his body was getting without the assistance. Fortunately, he's been released, so not quite the same, but it also took a lot out of him, and he would have been the last person I'd have imagined struggling through that.

On the subject drastic measures and their going away, I have to sadly agree that I don't see it going away, and even as a bleeding heart liberal I'm quite concerned that we'll end up with the government fingers in way too many pies for way to long. Maybe doubly so given the poor handling of the response and how the economic stimulus still looks to be affected by the usual pork barrel politics, full of handouts for the greedy and well connected. Ugh.

Stay safe and healthy!
rkboni
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 21:06    Post subject: Re: I'm an introvert anyway Reply with quote
scar1943 wrote:
05dyna wrote:
scar1943 wrote:

I'm amazed at how the news fawn over someone who, IMHO, built an empire based on stolen intellectual property. Yeah, I'm old enough to remember who the ole' pirate is. I was once an OS2 Engineer in my younger days. Smile

Pirates always make for good stories Wink Wink

Ah, OS-half... those were the days Wink I cut my teeth on the first NT betas and then quickly bailed into the Unix world, so a little after your time.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
A couple of antiques on the bench not listed previously elsewhere. One runs Win3.11 (3.12*), another runs OS/2 4.52.14.089_W4. I have also been tinkering with ArcaOS: https://www.arcanoae.com/

----------------------
rkboni
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
A couple of antiques on the bench not listed previously elsewhere. One runs Win3.11 (3.12*), another runs OS/2 4.52.14.089_W4. I have also been tinkering with ArcaOS: https://www.arcanoae.com/

Haha... that is... impressive! I did turn down the offer of MicroVax equipment and got rid of an old IBM POWER system and one of the HP9000 B/C/J class. I do miss having a VAXStation though Wink
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
HP9000 sounds familiar. Like a particular HP UX application server and some other systems I recall from years gone by. All hell broke loose when they initially replaced them with Intel x86-based hardware because all of the code was specifically made for RISC. Those old RISC machines were awesome.

----------------------
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: