COVID-19

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
SurprisedItWorks wrote:

Our big worry is a daughter in a similar-sized city half a day's drive from here. She's an emergency-department nurse in the major hospital there. They are working themselves silly and doing it in protective gear, the supplies of which clearly won't last long, particularly the N95 masks, each of which they are using for full 12-hour shifts. The CDC has relaxed standards and says use them up to 8 hours. She's healthy and strong and will likely catch and recover from the virus without too much drama, but still the stress is there for us all.

I feel for you!! I have close friends in the medical field that are really stressed and a one that is caring for a COVID-19 case.

kernel-panic69 wrote:
So far, no issues requiring support for any clients. I almost thought this thing was going to kill this week's work, but it didn't. Crazy times, nonetheless.

You have been lucky then. Most of the time it is not for anything I have done but people asking how to work new software they have never used before and getting mics/speakers to work

05dyna wrote:
FWIW I noticed two local competing ISP’s here are providing free previews for premium tv channels. I think they want to help occupy people’s minds while on lockdown

I have also found that as well, services are providing free subscriptions online. As a help to all (in no way affiliated):
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/list-of-free-software-and-services-during-coronavirus-outbreak/

but there are other places compiling lists. Let us not go crazy being at home (with or without our families)
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
Here i was put in quarantine for 14 days, as i traveled back to UK by plane and person on the plane was tested positive, lucky im fine, but Im immuno-compromised and if my posts disappear for a long, you know where to find me one day...

I forbid you to die, dammit. Chin up. I just hope it doesn't get to dystopian and apocalyptic before it gets better.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
giuliomagnifico
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm in italy, in north-italy... the situation here is dramatic. Just now (late evening 21th march) our prime minister has announced that everything (every shops/industry/services) not essential for the country, will be closed until the 3 April. And we can't go out our home.

If you have some question I would be glad to reply.
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
by the way how are the networks ISP's here they cut off streaming quality by 25% as there is a serious use now...
But i expect more shit to come as the infrastructures here are pure joke....

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
by the way how are the networks ISP's here they cut off streaming quality by 25% as there is a serious use now...
But i expect more shit to come as the infrastructures here are pure joke....

Most of the ISPs in my area have removed any data caps that would normally be in place, have not had issues with streaming quality with mine in particular. But with everyone tele-commuting and working from home, I am sure the infrastructures are going to be getting taxed everywhere.

----------------------
giuliomagnifico
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Italian ISP have straightness the infrastructure, also the government has wrote a new law to give more “flexibility “ to the ISP and all here are working to give more speed and quality to the Italian houses. We have usually FTTC 200/20mbps (like me) but a lot of people (my girlfriend) have gigabit FTTH speed 1000/200mbos, soon it will be available also for me, but generally speaking, the isp have observed a gain in upload quantity of datas, because more people are working at home, using videochat or VPN.

VPN usage in Italy rockets by 112% and 53% in the US, amidst coronavirus outbreak: https://atlasvpn.com/blog/vpn-usage-in-italy-rockets-by-112-and-53-in-the-us-amidst-coronavirus-outbreak/

Plus: almost all Italian mobile ISP are giving free unlimited mobile data to everyone! That’s very nice. Also Prime Video and other streaming services are free now for 2/3 months.
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
FWIW here’s a few stats I’ve been watching. I noticed my RTT and RTTsd (pfsense) will spike as we enter peak usage times since the US Gov & states has ramped-up their efforts to combat the CV threat. The 0630 image (6:30 am this morning) is where I use to see it hover on any given day since switching back to cable from fiber. the 1105 file is from a few minutes ago. I’m guessing as node gets busier that RTT will spike again to 9.x as it did last night. so far so good, no performance issues or losses
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, locally, as of this morning, there's about 30 cases, and 1 death. This is in the tri-county area. Even more locally, only 4 confirmed cases. Keepin' on, keepin' on here. Going to do some more yard work today before the storm hits. Hope everyone is staying safe and doing well!

----------------------
giuliomagnifico
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today 970 deaths in Italy and 6000 new cases Crying or Very sad
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
giuliomagnifico wrote:
Today 970 deaths in Italy and 6000 new cases Crying or Very sad

Horrible news. I saw in the news that other countries are sending help, though. I just hope this thing ends soon so we can get back to normal.

----------------------
gallo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
extremely informative, its in English and an hour long but its definitely worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YitWZj9QhdQ

NAS: Iomega ix2-200 CE 4tb, Seagate 1tb usb drive
Wash your hands and DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE!!!
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ gallo he was on Tucker Carlson’s show about 2 weeks ago, I only watched a minute or two of the YouTube video but I’m sure he’s going to say the same key point again which was don’t touch your face. You could see this is taking a toll on the man.

We’re in NJ about 60 miles from NYC. I heard from a friend last Friday (4/3/20) who has a relative working as RN in our local hospital that they have brought in refrigeration trucks to serve as temporary morgues. Last night I seen on local TV news station that WaWa loaned-out a refrigeration truck (in Bergen county) to serve the same propose.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/new-jersey/coronavirus-wawa-truck-morgue-new-jersey-covid-19-20200408.html
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will have to go shopping again in the next day or so. If it is still as bad as it was two weeks ago, ugh. The numbers are still climbing, but for Texas along 177 fatalities vs est. 770 recovered out of ~10,000.... we are not out of the woods yet. I am just taking it one day at a time.

----------------------
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
ninja nerd science, has very decent videos on the
subject, very very recommended...
me being ex military medic, also worked in cpr centre, can tell you,
the shit is real....ppl need to educate, education will save live’s
a lots of bullshit, stupid, softening government propaganda,
be careful, stay safe, be wise !
im not ready to loose anyone of you .....

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't realize you used to be a medic in the Royal military, Alozaros. Retired USN here. What branch did you serve in?

----------------------
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: