R8000 r41174

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
pandarock32
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 20:56    Post subject: R8000 r41174 Reply with quote
Hi everyone

I'm using R41174 on my netgear r8000 as my VPN provider (strongvpn) suggested it. It seems to work fine, except sometimes devices will be kicked off and display a low signal, even if I'm right next to the router, and be unable to reconnect for a few minutes, either asking for a password or just saying unable to connect. I'm thinking it could be that the devices get confused due to the two 5ghz wireless bands, could that be the case? At the moment my router has 2.4ghz on channel 6 20mhz, 5ghz on channel 48 (lower) 40mhz wide and 5ghz 157 (upper) 40mhz wide. Should I disable one of the 5ghz bands? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Smile
Sponsor
pandarock32
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found a solution here, changing the 5ghz bands to 20mhz instead of 40mhz fixed the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: