Privoxy with multiple routers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking
79arthur79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 17:33    Post subject: Privoxy with multiple routers Reply with quote
Hello,

I want to use Privoxy (adblocking) on ​​a Router connected to another Router.

Here is my configuration:
Internet >> Router1 192.168.10.1 >> Router2 (192.168.10.2) 192.168.20.1

Router1: DD-WRT v3.0-r40559 std (08/06/19)
Router2: DD-WRT v3.0-r31924 std (05/02/17)

On Router1, I use a number of iptables rules limiting traffic to everything that connects to it, including the Router2. Privoxy is enabled and used by a few devices for more specific website filtering.(with port 8787 for exemple)

On Router2, I also want to use Privoxy to offer other filtering options for other devices.(with an other port 7878 for exemple)
How to make sure that Router1, despite the iptables rules already in place, lets pass the filtering of Privoxy on Router2?
I tried, but unsuccessfully, some iptables rules like:
Code:
iptables -I FORWARD -s 192.168.10.2 -p tcp --dport 7878 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -d 192.168.10.2 -p tcp --dport 7878 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -s 192.168.10.2 -p tcp --sport 7878 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -d 192.168.10.2 -p tcp --sport 7878 -j ACCEPT

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I thank you in advance for this.

(désolé, je suis français et ne parle pas bien anglais…)
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
not sure about what you want to achieve...
so you have 2 routers that run privoxy and you want both to do privoxy..one on different port...in general the one in-front will do privoxy and the other one will
receive already filtered internet..what is the point to have 2 adblockers...if your router 2 is behind a NAT
than you run a double NAT if you want to control everything from router 1 only than put router 2 in WAP mode...

also do in mind builds from router database are bad especially 40559 (is a router killer ), consider an update to a newer builds ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2020/...
while 31924 is a very old build too so first step read
those new builds thread about updating your routers with new builds...as we do not no your routers we dont know where to point at...

in general there are better ad-blocking scripts, than privoxy (as it gets buggy sometimes)

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 45849 BS AP,NAT,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 45849 BS AP,NAT,AD/Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -----DD-WRT 45859 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -----DD-WRT 45859 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,VLAN's,DoT,VPN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
79arthur79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your answer.
Alozaros wrote:
not sure about what you want to achieve...
so you have 2 routers that run privoxy and you want both to do privoxy..one on different port...in general the one in-front will do privoxy and the other one will
receive already filtered internet..what is the point to have 2 adblockers...if your router 2 is behind a NAT
than you run a double NAT if you want to control everything from router 1 only than put router 2 in WAP mode...

also do in mind builds from router database are bad especially 40559 (is a router killer ), consider an update to a newer builds ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2020/...
while 31924 is a very old build too so first step read
those new builds thread about updating your routers with new builds...as we do not no your routers we dont know where to point at...

in general there are better ad-blocking scripts, than privoxy (as it gets buggy sometimes)

This afternoon or tomorrow, I will come back here to clarify.
I also plan to update the routers.
Thanks for the warning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: