WRT3200ACM dropping connection after flash

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
FlyingTexan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:13    Post subject: WRT3200ACM dropping connection after flash Reply with quote
I have ATT internet and have my WRT3200ACM connected to the back of their supplied router. Before flashing everything works fine. After flashing I can no longer reach the internet. I am able to access 192.168.1.1 and run through all the menus however there is no internet connection anymore. To use the internet right now I'm having to bounce back and forth between the ATT and the WRTs wifi connections. I'm unfortunately not finding the answer to what's going on and would welcome any advice.
Sponsor
FlyingTexan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
To update I'm following the instructions here to download a different build to flash. I'd been doing a lot of searching and thread wasn't pulling up until I altered my searches. Will see how it goes.

Ok the downloading of a new "stable" build did not seem to fix the issue. Under the MAC cloning the WAN was off by a digit compared to the sticker on the bottom of the router. I've adjusted that and still no luck.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is your ISP router's local IP address? If it's 192.168.1.x, you will not get on the internet. They have to be in different subnets or the ISP router has to be in bridge mode.
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you were having issues with 02-20-2020-r42460, try today's build. Smile

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/02-25-2020-r42514/linksys-wrt3200acm/
FlyingTexan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
If you were having issues with 02-20-2020-r42460, try today's build. Smile

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/02-25-2020-r42514/linksys-wrt3200acm/

Tried it out but it didn't seem to want to work either. Flashed OpenWRT and it worked right out of the box as does the original firmware so whatever is going on it's on the dd-wrt side. I really want to get dd-wrt working because OpenWRT doesn't seem to let you easily get Nord running but instead need a lot of command line level imputes which I'm not familiar with. I need a GUI and simple instructions. I can do it here on dd-wrt but not there apparently. If I can't get Nord to work I'll have to switch to another VPN that the router will support.

How can I find older flashes? Is there any real reason I absolutely need anything from 2020? What if I grab one from back in 2018? I can't seem to find anything posts from then with this issue.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, okay you might have to sit out until a few new builds release or fall back to an older one.

There was a major channel selection restructuring among other things starting just after build r42335.

Recent intermittent issues are in the past two builds during startup requiring power cycle attempts until everything works, fiddling with basic wifi settings or restarting wifi.

I don't have ATT, is their recommended WAN config to set default Automatic DHCP?

2019 I recommend the last build r41813. Sorry for the troubles.

Last edited by blkt on Wed Feb 26, 2020 18:26; edited 1 time in total
FlyingTexan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Hmm, okay you might have to sit out until a few new builds release or fall back to an older one. There was a major channel selection restructuring among other things starting after build r42335.

I don't have ATT, is their recommended WAN config to set default Automatic DHCP?

I believe so. I've enabled passthrough and the router works fine with other flashes so I'm looking now to find an older flash to use.

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-internet-equipment/strict-nat-bridge-mode-what-is-ip-passthrough-can-i-enable-on-my-arris-bgw210-or-like-router/5defbfffbad5f2f606ad5ed2#M29310
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/12-29-2019-r41813/linksys-wrt3200acm/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/02-10-2020-r42335/linksys-wrt3200acm/
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:

Yes. Their service sucks balls here, but some of my clients are on U-Verse.

Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
FlyingTexan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/12-29-2019-r41813/linksys-wrt3200acm/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/02-10-2020-r42335/linksys-wrt3200acm/

What can I get, files/screenshots/etc to maybe figure out what’s going on? When looking at my device list I see the IP address of the router but the MAC Address does not match the MAC on the router’s sticker it’s slightly off. When I log onto the DD-WRT network and look I see a WAN IP of 99.35.61.7 on the top right.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
The router has LAN, WAN and wireless radio MAC addresses. They increment each other by one, so it's normal.

If you are still on r42514 the only known solutions right now are either to restart the router, restart wifi interface or simply save and apply in wireless basic settings until your wifi radios are happy again.

You can also try manually setting your radio channels.

Remember this router has two partitions, so the previous firmware is still on there. You can switch partitions and reboot from command line or use the triple power cycle method.

If flashing from OpenWRT web interface, do not directly flash DD-WRT! Flash stock Linksys firmware first. Then from Linksys web interface you can flash the DD-WRT factory binary.

With all this switching between firmwares, you will want to either hard reset or nvram erase and configure from scratch.
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
You might also try rebooting both your modem and your router if you have not done so already.

Sometimes, after flashing, your modem may not recognize your routers without a reboot.

Edit: what I should have said was try rebooting all devices
FlyingTexan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Monza wrote:
You might also try rebooting both your modem and your router if you have not done so already.

Sometimes, after flashing, your modem may not recognize your routers without a reboot.

Edit: what I should have said was try rebooting all devices

OMFG

I've been doing numerous flashes, dd-wrt/openwrt, purchasing multiple VPNs to try to reconfigure, reading way to F*%^ing much on command line and LITERALLY AFTER IT ALL I just unplugged everything, waited 20 seconds, and replugged it in.

I bet I've spent 10hrs on this. Ever want to just jump out in traffic?
FlyingTexan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cannot believe EVERYTHING I've been going through to it come down to this. I just switched to another VPN, unplugged everything, viola. Kill me.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
It happens. I never thought embedded Linux would be so temperamental, but.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: