Joined: 15 Sep 2006
|Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:55 Post subject: Possible to set up a Captive Portal?
|I'm trying to set up a "captive portal", currently using Ubiquiti hardware. While that works, it requires me to have the controller software running 24/7 on some computer on the network. That seems a little clunky.
My captive portal needs to:
- show some configurable welcome page after they connect, requiring them to press a "connect" button
- after clicking Connect it can either redirect to a new page or close
- no need to charge $$ or have username or anything like that
- needs to be separate from the rest of the network
- the ability to throttle the connection and block certain websites or services
- ideally a bit of logging of how people are using our network. Nothing about them personally of course, just trying to make sure people don't abuse it.
- ideally the ability to expand the wifi network by adding new access points
Can DD-WRT do this?
If so, it's been awhile since I used DD-WRT, what's the current recommended hardware for it? We don't mind spending a few bucks to get some good stable hardware if it'll make our lives easier in the end.
If not, any suggestions for something that does this without the need for a server running on some other computer?
Thanks for any help.