TP-Link Archer C7 as Repeater using Client Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
jetski777
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 19:15    Post subject: TP-Link Archer C7 as Repeater using Client Mode Reply with quote
I have a vacation home with the only internet access being a cell phone. The cell phone we have allows unlimited hotspot but only for one device. So I have set-up a TP-Link Archer C7 (AC1750) v2 router as documented at https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wlan_Repeater. I have the router in client mode and everything is working.

My issue is inconsistent speeds for random devices. An example is I am watching NetFlix on a Roku enabled TV but I can't get enough speed to browse the web on my laptop. Then suddenly the laptop works fine. Happens to random devices even though the cellular speedtest shows 5-10Mbps.

I have double-checked the router settings per the documentation and everything looks fine. Any ideas how to solve this issue?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: