New Build 01-09-2020-r41954

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PIZZEDMEOFF
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 20:03    Post subject: New Build 01-09-2020-r41954 Reply with quote
Downloads: (if a link does not work, try another)
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/01-09-2020-r41954/
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2020/01-09-2020-r41954/
Alternate link: DD-WRT website
Note: for wget (or curl) with CLI flash (`write {f/w} linux`), change the https to http, use `curl -k {link} -o {file}`, or use ftp

Changelogs:
SVN* changelog https://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline

Important: if reporting any issues, provide applicable info (GUI syslog, `dmesg`, `cat /var/log/messages`, etc.)
Or put into SVN ticket. For firewall issues, also provide "iptables" info (`iptables -L`, `iptables -t nat -L`, & the /tmp/.ipt file).

Template to copy (after "Code:") for posting issues, be sure to include the mode in use (gateway, AP, CB, etc.):
Code:
Router/Version:
File:
Kernel:
Mode:

WARNING: This thread is to report on flashing this experimental test build, providing important info for both developers and users. Always state your hardware model, version, mode (e.g. Repeater) and SPECIFIC build (e.g. ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900ac-webflash.bin). Please avoid discussions and create a new thread to discuss specific problems or questions, as this thread is for reporting, not support. Posts may be deleted or moved to keep this thread manageable and useful. If you don't understand the risks or what to flash and how, with a means of recovery if it bricks, do NOT flash this experimental test build.

Flashed with out problems on FireFox

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline
Commands:
Misc: sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas
samba: { sleep 30; stopservice samba3; startservice samba3; } &

WRT1900ACv1:

WIFI: 2.4ghz: NG-mixed, 20mhz channel width, channel follows AP, WPA2-CCMP-128.
WIFI: 5ghz: AC/N mixed, 40mhz channel width, channel 100+upper, WPA2-CCMP-128.
Misc Info: WPA2 Personal: "CCMP-128 (AES)" Static IP's VIA Mac+Host, SFE Enabled, No Rebind, Strict, no-resolv. NOTE: this is now just a wireless access point so to speak but all settings still apply to what ever wireless person connects.
Sponsor
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 20:54    Post subject: DD-WRT v3.0-r41954 std (01/09/20) Reply with quote
WRT3200ACM V1 r41954 Firefox 71.0.1 (64-bit) webflash

OpenVPN CLIENT works fine (nordvpn server)
5GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES)working fine 20MHz Mixed
2.4GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES)working fine 20MHz Mixed
NAS via USB Samba also working fine
greatmoo27
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRT1900ACSV2. Upgraded via Chrome via Wifi, no issues thus far with QOS settings set at HTB/CAKE.

I recently changed my wireless channel settings to "Auto" on 2.4Ghz and found out that the Wifi connection between router and wireless device is much faster. Did an experiment and set the 2.4Ghz channel to 11 and the WiFi speed dropped by 30%. I used SpeedChecker under the services tab on DDWRT settings to do this experiment.
flamingatom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm PPoE is now working back on this build! Yay!
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wrt1900acs v1

Upgraded fine. Gui loss happens even faster than before. Back to r40009 or maybe ill finally bite the bullet and return to openwrt.
DaveI
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ellick,

Does that problematic Android Tablet have a USB port? If you have a spare USB Wifi adapter you could try that with the Android tablet just to test to see if that eliminated the problem using a different wifi NIC. Just an idea.

ellick wrote:
Wrt1900acs v1

Upgraded fine. Gui loss happens even faster than before. Back to r40009 or maybe ill finally bite the bullet and return to openwrt.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Problem with PPPoE now fixed with my WRT1900ACS v1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
DaveI wrote:
Ellick,

Does that problematic Android Tablet have a USB port? If you have a spare USB Wifi adapter you could try that with the Android tablet just to test to see if that eliminated the problem using a different wifi NIC. Just an idea.

ellick wrote:
Wrt1900acs v1

No. Its a 7 inch tablet. Not much bigger than a phone. Im not even certain its the tablet at fault. I just learned i can trigger the bug with it.

This tablet I have isn't new. It's an Asus Me572c and the highest version of Android OS it can run is lollipop. The tablet is a descendant of the google Nexus line of small tablets. I dug out an older nexus 1 tablet running jellybean this morning and couldn't trigger the hug with that but as soon as I started trying to access the router page with the Asus, bam, httpd was hung again. When it hangs, it's hung on all devices on the network, wireless or wired.

What I don't understand is why I didn't see this on versions r40009 and earlier?
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
ellick wrote:
Wrt1900acs v1

I'm 98% it's a setting on your side. I was convinced CAKE QoS was broken, but I just had WAN/LAN selected instead of WAN.. the outcome was losing control of the router / GUI crashing.

Have you tried a complete reset and running a vanilla set up?
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
ttowling wrote:
ellick wrote:
Wrt1900acs v1

I'm 98% it's a setting on your side. I was convinced CAKE QoS was broken, but I just had WAN/LAN selected instead of WAN.. the outcome was losing control of the router / GUI crashing.

I've gone over and over my settings. I have tried complete resets, clearing nvram and My wireless settings are pretty vanilla.

I set up the two radios but only have devices on 2.4. The tablet doesn't do 5ghz. 2.4 is N-G mixed and full 20MHz

Everything else I leave at defaults and choose WPA2 personal with AES for security. That's it. I've varied the channels though 6 is best since neighbors are using 1 and 11. I've also changed the channel width but it doesn't make any difference with this bug.

The questions are why or how could this one tablet cause httpd to hang so it's hung on every other device, both wired and wireless. I'd think that would be a security hole if nothing else. And why can't I force it to happen on build r40009 and previous builds?
DaveI
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Then if that's not an option and settings in latest versions of DD are not compatible for whatever reason with just that one device...The easy workaround is to use a device/computer to act as a AP or hotspot. Or if you have an old router you could use that as a bridge or AP. I do that with Netgear AC1450 routers I get for less than $20 used on Fleabay then hack them to run the Netgear R6300v2 firmware and then just turn them on and off for when I need wifi in a particular remote location (I have them handing out a different subnet). Works great. Just another idea if that tablet turns out the only troubled device with the latest versions of DD.

ellick wrote:

No. Its a 7 inch tablet. Not much bigger than a phone. Im not even certain its the tablet at fault. I just learned i can trigger the bug with it.

This tablet I have isn't new. It's an Asus Me572c and the highest version of Android OS it can run is lollipop. The tablet is a descendant of the google Nexus line of small tablets. I dug out an older nexus 1 tablet running jellybean this morning and couldn't trigger the hug with that but as soon as I started trying to access the router page with the Asus, bam, httpd was hung again. When it hangs, it's hung on all devices on the network, wireless or wired.

What I don't understand is why I didn't see this on versions r40009 and earlier?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
ellick wrote:
ttowling wrote:
ellick wrote:
Wrt1900acs v1

I've gone over and over my settings. I have tried complete resets, clearing nvram and My wireless settings are pretty vanilla.

I set up the two radios but only have devices on 2.4. The tablet doesn't do 5ghz. 2.4 is N-G mixed and full 20MHz

Everything else I leave at defaults and choose WPA2 personal with AES for security. That's it. I've varied the channels though 6 is best since neighbors are using 1 and 11. I've also changed the channel width but it doesn't make any difference with this bug.

The questions are why or how could this one tablet cause httpd to hang so it's hung on every other device, both wired and wireless. I'd think that would be a security hole if nothing else. And why can't I force it to happen on build r40009 and previous builds?

Get rid of the tablet?
Flash it with a custom rom?
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
ttowling wrote:

Get rid of the tablet?
Flash it with a custom rom?

There are lots of things I could do but none of them solve the problem. I could just stick with build r40009 which is what I've been doing. I could get rid of the tablet but it still works fine and all I use it for is a little web browsing and as en ebook reader. That's why I like the size of it. I could get rid of dd-wrt entirely and return to stock or openwrt, neither of which has this bug.

This has just become sort of a white whale type thing is all. It's mostly just a nuisance but i'm trying to find the actual cause not just sweep it under the rug.

I have no idea what the tablet could be doing to cause the httpd process to hang. Nothing shows up in the system log when it happens but it seems like it could be a security issue in dd-wrt.
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
DaveI wrote:
Then if that's not an option and settings in latest versions of DD are not compatible for whatever reason with just that one device...The easy workaround is to use a device/computer to act as a AP or hotspot. Or if you have an old router you could use that as a bridge or AP. I do that with Netgear AC1450 routers I get for less than $20 used on Fleabay then hack them to run the Netgear R6300v2 firmware and then just turn them on and off for when I need wifi in a particular remote location (I have them handing out a different subnet). Works great. Just another idea if that tablet turns out the only troubled device with the latest versions of DD.

I tried your work-around yesterday after reading your post. I already have an old netgear 3500L on the network. Wireless broadcast was turned off on it. I turned it on and connected the tablet to that instead. I lost some speed as the connection went from 65 to 54 but it wasn't a big deal. I got up this morning and the dd-wrt gui was again dead in the water. That's the kind of behavior I was seeing before I realized I could trigger it with the tablet. Internet and wireless all worked fine. I just couldn't access the GUI from anything.

So back to build r40009, the last one that worked for me. If that and previous builds had this same bug, i'd just chalk it up to a bad router but they don't.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to see if your Asus tablet breaks my router, too. Send it here. But seriously, if you know it's an issue if you use it to access the webUI or internet on your network, then it's pretty simple to effect a solution. If it's doing it with a mostly default configuration, no mac address filtering, no fancy anything, just a straight up out-of-the-box config with wireless security applied and the normal wireless settings applied, I really don't see how it's causing issue unless there is something on the tablet itself that is breaking things.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: