TP-LINK MRT3420 v1 with USB port and mass storage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
royitoroy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:56    Post subject: TP-LINK MRT3420 v1 with USB port and mass storage? Reply with quote
I currently found this old device that I had saved and I installed the DD-WRT v3.0-r41686 std (12/10/19) and it works fine ... (and I think that I will install the recent version 12-28 shortly -2019-r41811)

the matter is that this tplink mr3420 has a usb port that was used with a 3g, and I would like to enable it in ddwrt.

and as well as being able to use it with an external disk or pendrive but I don't know how to do it because in the tutorials that I have seen, there is a NAS tab but, on my tr3420 router it does not come out ...

does anyone give me a hand please?
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:54    Post subject: Re: TP-LINK MRT3420 v1 with USB port and mass storage? Reply with quote
royitoroy wrote:

the matter is that this tplink mr3420 has a usb port that was used with a 3g, and I would like to enable it in ddwrt.

This router has limited storage (4MB) for the firmware and later dd-wrt/linux versions has grown so much that the 3g support was removed some years ago.

There is no chance at all to fit NAS support in it.

Put it back where you found it..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 15:29    Post subject: Re: TP-LINK MRT3420 v1 with USB port and mass storage? Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

This router has limited storage (4MB) for the firmware and later dd-wrt/linux versions has grown so much that the 3g support was removed some years ago.

There is no chance at all to fit NAS support in it.

Put it back where you found it..

Do you think I could use the function of connecting a 3g at least?
What build of the ddwrt firmware do you recommend that I could use for it?

Would you like the v24sp2 year 2015 or later?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: