easyddup a simple upgrade/downgrade utility

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
SuninderSingh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
yoyoma2 wrote:
With the hundreds of router model, router revision, distribution type, kernel combinations; that approach will become a maintenance nightmare. As I stated earlier, I use the community build and thus don't install/upgrade with easyddup so my maintenance contributions to easyddup are and will remain minimal.

If someone creates a gitlab project (@rkboni used gitlab on the community build) I'll link to it in the OP and development would continue there. Keep in mind that enthusiasm wanes and projects become abandonned (e.g. @al_c and yamon, @rkboni is no longer active on the community build...).

First of thanks for this script, appreciate efforts. Second is there by any chance to use in 4/32 or 8/32 router where no USB support?

>>DD-WRT v3.0-r45735 std (02/11/21)
Sponsor
yoyoma2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
@00diabolic: Read QuickStart.txt which is all about the nvram-save tool. IONK wrote the included cleanupCB.sh which removes duplicate nvram backups to save USB storage space. He was able to ignore start_time and end_time variables which change on every reboot. You could look at his code. As mentioned in the OP, nvram-dd-wrt.ini needs to be augmented to store all the settings you care about. A nvram-restore script gets generated to perform the actual restore. I ported nvram-save to dd-wrt but didn't write it (see link in OP).

@SuninderSingh: Unfortunately you need a USB port. BS could theoretically include a USB-less stripped down "easyddup light" in official builds but I wouldn't hold my breath.
IONK
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Original post quoted here:
IONK wrote:
Somehow there's no file here DD-WRT website
the other 2 links are ok HTTPS & FTP

kernel-panic69 wrote:
try another if a link does not work
currently easyddup doesn't work because it relies on this DD-WRT website link only. Will this link be fixed anytime soon?

@yoyoma2 Are you willing to add the option to switch the URL used for fetching builds? I tried swapping the link in easyddup.sh but it didn't work, probably because the regex is only intended for the original webpage

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
New version (May 16th).

Change:

If no builds are found on the website, fallback to the https link that @IONK posted in the previous post. Seems to work here. Let me know how it goes as I did minimal testing.
IONK
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
yoyoma2 wrote:
New version (May 16th).

Change:

If no builds are found on the website, fallback to the https link that @IONK posted in the previous post. Seems to work here. Let me know how it goes as I did minimal testing.
it works for me, thanks for the update
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great! Thanks for the feedback @IONK.

Hey my 200th post. I'll give @kernel-panic69 a run for his money... Laughing
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I doubt it, I'm a post whore Twisted Evil

I had just asked if there were a way to make it poll more than one resource in the build thread. If you see the ticket that was opened, there are 3 official and one unofficial resources to download from. P.S. I emailed BrainSlayer about the website issue, no response yet.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
IONK
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
@yoyoma2 when I used -d with EDDUP_AUTO_SELECT_LATEST=Y, the script auto quit as below:
Code:
root@RB:/opt/easyddup# ./easyddup.sh -r reva -d

All dd-wrt downgrade builds available online for 2021

1)      01-01-2021-r45229
2)      01-09-2021-r45385
.   (text removed)
48)     05-28-2021-r46788 c
49)     05-30-2021-r46816 c      <--- current

Current build: 46816
AUTO_SELECT_LATEST mode is on and you are up to date.  Quitting

probably it's better to ignore the EDDUP_AUTO_SELECT_LATEST=Y flag when there is -d

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
New version (June 1st).

Change:

The AUTO_SELECT_LATEST mode is now turned off in downgrade mode. Good catch @IONK.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
cjnaz wrote:
I'm confused. I thought I was working to improve this project by covering a wider use cases (DDNS and guest WiFi), but then my posts have disappeared. What wrong did I commit?

I guess I didn't know nvram variables were even involved in this utility, my mistake. Feel free to re-post.

EDIT: I honestly do not keep up with this thread. I guess I will just let the train derail itself and not interject any further.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net

Last edited by kernel-panic69 on Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:04; edited 1 time in total
yoyoma2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
@cjnaz I briefly saw your post and this is exactly the kind of help I was asking for in the OP. The nvram-save tool (see QuickStart.txt) is a mature utility that was ported from another project but nvram-dd-wrt.ini needs some variable additions to cover all the user settings you care about in dd-wrt.

To find out a setting's variable name, for example if I'm searching for a gateway related setting:

nvram show | grep gateway

and find the variable name is lan_gateway (whatever precedes the equal sign). Then you confirm you're looking at the correct variable by changing the setting in the GUI, click Save (not Apply Settings) and observe the variable again to see if it changed.

nvram get lan_gateway

Then change the setting back in the GUI to what you like and save again. Some variable names are less obvious and will require some trial and error to identify. If you share your variable additions, I'll add them to the nvram-dd-wrt.ini in the tar distribution.

@kernel-panic69: If people only care about the upgrade/downgrade easyddup features then you're right nvram variable stuff does not apply. The nvram-save utility is called by easyddup if you want to create/use a settings restore point. If people help set up nvram-dd-wrt.ini properly, then the error prone/tedious task of manually re-entering settings in the GUI would almost be a thing of the past.
cjnaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gee, I guess I shoulda kept a copy of my posts.

Ok, so per the HELP NEEDED in the OP, below I list several NVRAM vars that I've added to my local nvram-dd-wrt.ini file, as the OP suggests. I cannot get the DDNS and Guest WiFi settings to work.

My home router setup has a few differences from the baseline setup of this tool. My "Custom" DDNS setup has ddns_enable="5". I added these vars to the .ini file and the webUI looks correct but the ddns log shows "DYNDNS Server response: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found". Vars added:

Code:
ddns_conf
ddns_custom_5
ddns_hostname_5
ddns_passwd_5
ddns_url
ddns_username_5

My setup also has a guest WiFi wl0.1 that is isolated from my LAN (per https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Guest_WiFi_%2B_abuse_control_for_beginners). After the restore, connections to the Guest network apparently cannot get a DHCP IP issued, per the syslog: "Jun 13 16:06:34 Router daemon.warn dnsmasq-dhcp[1428]: no address range available for DHCP request via wl0.1". Again, I don't see anything misplaced in the webUI.

Vars added:

Code:
bat_wl0.1_bridge
mdhcpd
wl0.1_mode
wl0.1_ssid
wl0.1_ap_isolate
wl0.1_bridged
wl0.1_multicast
wl0.1_nat
wl0.1_isolation
wl0.1_ipaddr
wl0.1_netmask
bridges
bridgesif_count
probe_working
wl0.1_akm
wl0.1_auth_mode
wl0.1_authmode
wl0.1_radius_ipaddr
wl0.1_wpa_psk
wl0X1_security_mode
wl0.1_crypto

My method for finding needed vars was to compare the sorted nvram-save.sh generated nvram-all file from my initial working setup versus the .ini file in the easyddup distribution.
yoyoma2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
There must be a variable different between the nvram-all from your working setup and the restored non-working nvram-all variables.

You tried rebooting the router right? I don't trust "Apply Settings" in all cases.

For DDNS your variable additions seem good for the case 5 code. All the DDNS variables are listed here but you probably only want to mess with the GUI settings related ones. You could look at what the code is doing when that error message is produced.

If all the GUI settings look right then you're almost there...
cjnaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 17:16    Post subject: Getting Custom DDNS to work (R7000P) Reply with quote
I worked on the DDNS restore problem in order to solve the simpler case. Successful restore.

These are the DDNS related vars I put in my nvram-dd-wrt.ini file for my Custom (5) DDNS setup:
Code:
[Setup - DDNS]
ddns_cache
ddns_change
ddns_conf_buf
ddns_conf
ddns_custom_5_buf
ddns_custom_5
ddns_dyndnstype
ddns_dyndnstype_6
ddns_dyndnstype_buf
ddns_enable
ddns_enable_buf
ddns_force
ddns_hostname_5
ddns_hostname_buf
ddns_passwd_5
ddns_passwd_buf
ddns_time
ddns_url_buf
ddns_url
ddns_username_5
ddns_username_buf

Probably several of these are unnecessary. I simply took everything that was there after I manually setup to DDNS after a Restore Factory Defaults. New items that were not in my non-working attempt are (ignoring the _buf vars):
Code:
ddns_cache  (my current WAN IP value)
ddns_change  (=update << The likely culprit?)
ddns_dyndnstype  (no assigned value)
ddns_dyndnstype_6  (no assigned value)
ddns_time  (timestamp)

Can all of the _buf vars be safely ignored? Do they map to the text fields on the webUI, and will dd-wrt correctly fill in the webUI fields to match what's in the non-_buf vars?
cjnaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 22:08    Post subject: Got Wireless with Guest network restore working Reply with quote
There may be many unnecessary vars in this list. To get this list I did a full manual setup of my wl0, wl0.1 and wl1 networks. The guest network (wl0.1) only has WAN access, and I generally put IOT devices on this network since I don't trust them.

Code:
[Wireless]
bat_eth0_bridge
bat_eth1_bridge
bat_eth2_bridge
bat_vlan1_bridge
bat_wl0.1_bridge
bonding_count
bondings
br0_mtu
br0_netmask
br0_txq
bridges
bridges_count
bridgesif
bridgesif_count
dhcpd_usejffs
mdhcpd_count
mdhcpd
probe_blacklist
probe_working

wl0.1_akm
wl0.1_ap_isolate
wl0.1_auth_mode
wl0.1_authmode
wl0.1_bloop
wl0.1_bridged
wl0.1_bss_maxassoc
wl0.1_crypto
wl0.1_dns_ipaddr
wl0.1_dns_redirect
wl0.1_gtk_rekey
wl0.1_ifname
wl0.1_ipaddr
wl0.1_isolation
wl0.1_label
wl0.1_mode
wl0.1_mtu
wl0.1_multicast
wl0.1_nat
wl0.1_netmask
wl0.1_radius_ipaddr
wl0.1_ssid
wl0.1_txq
wl0.1_wep_buf
wl0.1_wep
wl0.1_wme
wl0.1_wpa_psk
wl0_auth_mode
wl0_authmode
wl0_bcn
wl0_bss_opmode_cap_reqd
wl0_channel
wl0_distance
wl0_frag
wl0_gmode
wl0_mu_features
wl0_net_mode
wl0_nmode
wl0_plcphdr
wl0_rts
wl0_shortslot
wl0_ssid
wl0_tpc_db
wl0_txbf
wl0_txbf_bfe_cap
wl0_txbf_bfr_cap
wl0_txbf_imp
wl0_vifs
wl0_wchannel
wl0_wds0
wl0_wep_buf
wl0_wme_ap_be
wl0_wme_ap_bk
wl0_wme_ap_vi
wl0_wme_ap_vo
wl0_wme_sta_be
wl0_wme_sta_bk
wl0_wme_sta_vi
wl0_wme_sta_vo
wl0_wpa_psk
wl0X1_security_mode
wl1_atf
wl1_auth_mode
wl1_authmode
wl1_bcn
wl1_bss_opmode_cap_reqd
wl1_distance
wl1_frag
wl1_key
wl1_mu_features
wl1_mumimo
wl1_nbw
wl1_nctrlsb
wl1_net_mode
wl1_nmode
wl1_nreqd
wl1_plcphdr
wl1_rts
wl1_shortslot
wl1_ssid
wl1_tpc_db
wl1_txbf
wl1_txbf_bfe_cap
wl1_txbf_bfr_cap
wl1_txbf_imp
wl1_wchannel
wl1_wds0
wl1_wep_buf
wl1_wme_ap_be
wl1_wme_ap_bk
wl1_wme_ap_vi
wl1_wme_ap_vo
wl1_wme_sta_be
wl1_wme_sta_bk
wl1_wme_sta_vi
wl1_wme_sta_vo
wl1_wpa_psk
wl2_tpc_db
wl_active_add_mac
wl_bcn
wl_btc_mode
wl_channel
wl_frag
wl_plcphdr
wl_rts
wl_shortslot
wl_ssid
wl_tpc_db
wl_wme_ap_be
wl_wme_ap_bk
wl_wme_ap_vi
wl_wme_ap_vo
wl_wme_sta_be
wl_wme_sta_bk
wl_wme_sta_vi
wl_wme_sta_vo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Contributions Upload All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: