New Build: 12-23-2019-r41786

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

HAHAHA!!! Laughing

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
Sponsor
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:

Wonder just how many folks remember AUI, token ring, ATM, or 10base2 networks... Evil or Very Mad

10base2 (thin net) was the first network I did in my parents house when I was 16 or 17, ran wingate to share the connection, all because my brother and I wanted to play Quake 2 with each other.Crazy days those were.

Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bugs of Build R40559

If Wan Mac Address was changed, GPON may provided the new wan ipv4 ip address. (WRT1900ACSV2)

Schedule Reboot Services is not functional or reboot randomly. (WRT32X, WRT1900ACSV2 and WRT1200AC)

Reboot Router Button Procedure does not provide fully reboot process. (WRT32X and WRT1900ACSV2)

The configuration restoration may cause the default settling. (WRT32X and WRT1900ACSV2)

After the reboot, DDNS does not update IP Address every time. (WRT1900ACSV2)

After the router operation around 48hours, ath1 will disconnect all of the devices. ath1.1 still continue to operate. (WRT1900ACSV2)

Telnet can access to connect when firewall is enabled.

Work
pptp server
but using Windows 10 may need the desktop and laptop reboot. IPConfig /release and IPConfig /renew do not fix the issues.

Android Device can connect success and stable.

blkt wrote:
ttowling wrote:
Tis' the season to flash a known good build and relax.

Please flash anything other than r40559 lol. A great Christmas present would be to update the router database. Rolling Eyes

ttowling wrote:
Tis' the season to flash a known good build and relax.

Please flash anything other than r40559 lol. A great Christmas present would be to update the router database. Rolling Eyes

Instead of Festivus we got Assman part 2.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
ATHF wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

Wonder just how many folks remember AUI, token ring, ATM, or 10base2 networks... Evil or Very Mad

10base2 (thin net) was the first network I did in my parents house when I was 16 or 17, ran wingate to share the connection, all because my brother and I wanted to play Quake 2 with each other.Crazy days those were.

Quake and Quake2 were part of the reason I picked up Linux. I passed by one of the server guys' rigs at a huge LAN party and said, "Hey, that's... not... windows....". The rest is history. He actually hooked me up with a second income and that along with TA is how I got some of my early education and certs. Wingate, that takes me back, too. If you played Quake 2, you may have heard of GameSpy, and if you've heard of that, you may have heard of Bastard's Beatdown at Planet Quake HQ. Been there, did that twice, the t-shirts are long worn to hell.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:

Quake and Quake2 were part of the reason I picked up Linux. I passed by one of the server guys' rigs at a huge LAN party and said, "Hey, that's... not... windows....". The rest is history. He actually hooked me up with a second income and that along with TA is how I got some of my early education and certs. Wingate, that takes me back, too. If you played Quake 2, you may have heard of GameSpy, and if you've heard of that, you may have heard of Bastard's Beatdown at Planet Quake HQ. Been there, did that twice, the t-shirts are long worn to hell.

That is a cool story, of course I remember GameSpy, I did hear about Bastard's Beatdown at Planet Quake HQ, that's awesome! We had a riot in the house, invited friends over, man what a good time. I ran my own server for Quake 2, The Butcher's Block, could only handle 6 people due to just getting a cable connection when our area got it(Actually used AOL before then). Not sure if you were still into it when CLQ was around (champions league of quake), I was ranked 7th in the world for a week, I was in a clan that my brother was in, they accused me of cheating. But, my brother watched me when I did it, just one of those days for me, got it up to 999 frags per hour LMAO!!!

It's cool to remember the adrenaline going through my body when I was on that roll, you felt like a god LOL Anyway, happy new year to you!!

Spectrum - 1000/50
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got out of it about the time Quake 3 Arena was the rage. Kinda lost contact with people since then. I was sad when GS sold out to IGN and then eventually got shut down. Most gamers do not realize where the technology for internet gaming came from, and I met all those folks personally. Lots of Jaeger and "Smack My Bitch Up" and such shenanigans involved. Pretty much anything you wanted could be had at those big LAN events back in the day. There are a couple of Quake 2 maps (which ones escape me) that were actually made at events I was at. We got to beta test them on the fly. Good times.

----------------------
PIZZEDMEOFF
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is a funny topic, because i just recently fired up my old quake 2 install here on win 10 and server and had a lan thing with a few other friends outside the lan as well!! Quake 2 forever!

PS it was a r1q2 server ( ya know the hook and runes )

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline
Commands:
Misc: sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas
samba: { sleep 30; stopservice samba3; startservice samba3; } &

WRT1900ACv1:

WIFI: 2.4ghz: NG-mixed, 20mhz channel width, channel follows AP, WPA2-CCMP-128.
WIFI: 5ghz: AC/N mixed, 40mhz channel width, channel 100+upper, WPA2-CCMP-128.
Misc Info: WPA2 Personal: "CCMP-128 (AES)" Static IP's VIA Mac+Host, SFE Enabled, No Rebind, Strict, no-resolv. NOTE: this is now just a wireless access point so to speak but all settings still apply to what ever wireless person connects.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
PIZZEDMEOFF wrote:
this is a funny topic, because i just recently fired up my old quake 2 install here on win 10 and server and had a lan thing with a few other friends outside the lan as well!! Quake 2 forever!

PS it was a r1q2 server ( ya know the hook and runes )

Awwwwwwwww, yeah. I think the most fun I had playing was rubbing shoulders with folks in some facet of the industry. Whether hardware manufacturers, programmers, etc. Still makes me sad that M... Bastard sold out to the larger industry, BUT he still gets paid, so win-win, I guess. Y'all should look up Yamagi Quake, if you haven't. The guy has done a lot of improvements to the last point release of Quake and Quake 2 and you can still run all your favorite mods and maps... Cool

----------------------
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: