Netgear AirCard 800S & DD-WRT on a TP-Link Archer C7 v5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Dasher689
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:39    Post subject: Netgear AirCard 800S & DD-WRT on a TP-Link Archer C7 v5 Reply with quote
I currently have a very slow ADSL connection through a Netgear DM200 modem in bridge mode to a TP-Link C7 v5 running DD-WRT v3.0-r37932. I have purchased a Netgear AC800S (Optus) 4G modem but have had no luck getting it to play nicely with the C7. iPhone tethering on the other hand, works flawlessly. plug in the phone, turn hotspot on and choose iPhone tethering and that's it.

Unlike the DM200, the AC800S does not appear to have a true bridge, only an IP pass-through mode. I have spent hours searching the forums but have not found any working solution; lots of referrals to a very old guide https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Cellular_Phone/USB_Modem_as_WAN_connection that I don't believe is relevant to this modem, or the Australian ROOTer project; however I have been a long time user of DD-WRT and as I use YaMon (which will be even more needed on the 4G modem) I would really like to find a workable solution.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? At least confirm which option I should select under WAN settings? (The Mobile Broadband option does not work).

Thanks,
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: