how to restore Factory firmware TP-Link Archer C7 v5?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
WarrenC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 23:42    Post subject: how to restore Factory firmware TP-Link Archer C7 v5? Reply with quote
as in the title

how to restore Factory firmware TP-Link Archer C7 v5?

I'm a rookie on this stuff

thanks
Sponsor
opssemnik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can use the TFTP recovery method, i did on mine.
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/81462

TIP: You do not need to touch anything in the firmware file, just download from tp link and use it straight in tftp (some tutorials will say to strip some part of the firmware, not needed for the v5)

Also, be sure to set the file name to
ArcherC7v5_tp_recovery.bin
Upper case included, if the file name is wrong, you wont see any logs.

Do not use any of the openWRT methods of flashing using terminal(mtd -r, sysupgrade), their C7 wiki is mostly based for the V2 hardware(and the std dd wrt does not include sysupgrade), and will soft brick your V5 (which will need to be recovered using tftp, or worse, serial)
WarrenC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
The first youtube video I found was using terminal to flash it and, of course, it did not work. It came up with a couldn't unlock something error. Afterwards, I had a router with only a glowing power light on. Found a second video that explained the TFTP method and this one worked. Bit stressful, but it's back.

I had flashed to DD-WRT with the intent of setting up OpenVPN, and no matter what I did, couldn't get it to work . . . it was like the script was not even running. Even had the VPN providers try for about an hour. I couldn't even get PPTP, so I figured I'd get things back to where I started. It was a fun

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: