TP-Link C1900 Stops Access To Web User Interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
prairietech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
It "appears" Chrome is breaking the connection with the web gui when using my desktop.

I didn't try Edge yesterday but dusted it off just now and it works fine. Very snappy and responsive when clicking on menu tabs. Went back to Chrome, clicked on a few menu tabs (very slow and sluggish response from menus) and it finally broke.

Then went back to Edge and it was also broke. Changed static address on the desktop and Edge started working fine. Didn't try Chrome again for fear of breaking it. Funny that Chrome works fine on the laptop but not the desktop. Should have all of the same extensions since both my desktop and laptop are on my google account and are synced.

It's just strange that yesterday any device I tried would work for awhile then cause the web gui to break. Today it appears to be just Chrome on my desktop.

If I have to use Edge to manage the router, then so be it. But it has been a strange and bumpy road reaching this work around!
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, Chrome is problematic, doesn't necessarily matter the platform except maybe for a Chromebook. Firefox ESR, Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Opera, and Safari usually seem to work fine for most folks. Only thing I use Chrome for anymore is on the Mac for... this forum and a few other things. Only because the only things I want Google to know is nothing personal lol. Incognito mode is a farce, it still reports back to Google. The processes, no matter how you configure it, unless you really dive into some hacks, still launch and still run, ESPECIALLY on WIndows. SMH. At least now you know what works and what doesn't.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
prairietech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I think we can close this thread as the router always appears to be working. And now I have a solution when changes are needed to be made to the router. Never thought a Microsoft browser would come to my rescue!

Thanks kernal-panic69 for all of your time and support!!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad to be of help. I am reporting what browsers work in other threads from this point forward to see if folks find a working solution. As I stated in a reply in another thread, I think there was something regarding Vivaldi browser that was tweaked the last time there was an issue, and since then, it's been random. At least that is what it seems like. I track several different firmwares, so, it gets kinda cross-eyed and jumbled up around here lol.

----------------------
prairietech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had Edge lockup this afternoon after clicking on a menu tab. Also noticed the load average was at 2.0 2.0 2.0 Never seen it that high.

The router continued to function, the web gui was unavailable. Seems to be some process that is getting hung and not being reset.

I continue to use Edge which has been working reliably until this hang this afternoon. Powered cycled the router and the web ui is working again.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone said in another thread that Edge is Chrome/Chromium-based-ish. IF you have IE installed, you can try that. But my go to most of the time for DD-WRT especially is Firefox ESR, and the most reliable version of it is 52.9.0, which was released 09/05/18. Second go-to is Safari or Opera. I have not personally used or tested Pale Moon.

----------------------
prairietech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll give FF a try.
Does a load average of 2.0 mean the cpu is maxed out?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
prairietech wrote:
I'll give FF a try.
Does a load average of 2.0 mean the cpu is maxed out?

That is definitely not a good sign, and I am not 100% sure how DD-WRT calculates load and what numbers translate to, but I *think* that seems about right. I decided I was bored enough to install Pale Moon on Debian 10.x and give it a whirl since my previous post. So far, so good, but I generally don't have much issues with my fairly simple config.

----------------------
bthoven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mine is 41027 and it works perfectly. I'm using Microsoft Edge insider and have had no problem.
prairietech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm glad others are having good success. I switched to FF and the web gui issue seems to be resolved.

But now I have ran into another "glitch".

Seems if I add a 7th Static Lease, DHCP stops functioning for both wifi and wired. Remove the 7th Static Lease and DHCP starts working again. Don't think this didn't have me spinning in circles for awhile.

Is there a build that seems to be stable? I cut my teeth on ddwrt back in 2013 and that installation was rock solid.

Ideas anyone?
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use only letters and numbers for the name no spaces or other 'strange' characters
Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
prairietech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry this is an old thread but my issues still persist.

Last night the router decided to stop functioning. Front panel LEDs on but no ping, no routing. Pwr cycle and reset button won't bring it back to life. About every 20th ping or so, I get a 1ms response then dead.

Before it went dead, I still can't add a 7th static reservation without loosing DHCP. The names were all short and without special characters or spaces.

My new question is what hardware / dd-wrt build is recommended that will actually work together?

For years I ran an old Linksys E2000 with an old 2013 build and it was rock solid. But that hardware crumbled under heavy wifi use so upgraded to the present Archer C1900.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: