wr841nd v11 - wol section and binary missing after upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
girtsn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 13:51    Post subject: wr841nd v11 - wol section and binary missing after upgrade Reply with quote
Hello.

I had both wol section in UI and wol binary from shell with a version of dd-wrt from December 2018, now since installing an update in August 2019, the wol section and wol binary are both AWOL (pun intended)

DD-WRT v3.0-r40527 std (08/04/19)
Sponsor
girtsn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
ah so the build size is growing over time and at some point it had to be cut as it crossed the 4MB with the old features Sad

is there any way to get a compatible wol binary and put it e.g. in the home folder? can I extract it of another build or install e.g. by opkg? I don't really need the gui.

jxm wrote:
It most likely was pruned to allow the code to fit into the maximum file size allowed for the firmware for the router, which has only 4MB of NVRAM.
hambert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bummer , I just changed a 740n with an 841n v8 and I lost the wol capabilities. Any chance to get it back? I need it to wake up a pc on my network everyday.
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:44    Post subject: Re: wr841nd v11 - wol section and binary missing after upgra Reply with quote
girtsn wrote:
Hello.

I had both wol section in UI and wol binary from shell with a version of dd-wrt from December 2018, now since installing an update in August 2019, the wol section and wol binary are both AWOL (pun intended)

DD-WRT v3.0-r40527 std (08/04/19)

last build with included WOL is r40439 (4M flash devices),

rem : avoid builds r406xx to r40723 because reset button is accidentally disabled in these builds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: