New Build: r41517 (11/11/19)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Dodge DeBoulet
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
robbbaxley wrote:
I will have to agree. My r9000 is showing the same thing, very poor 2.4Ghz performance. Luckily I only have 2 devices on 2.4Ghz and one is only 6 feer (2m) from the router.

However...everything else is superb for this build as far as I can tell. I can only hope the 2.4Ghz issue can be fixed without borking anything else.

~Robert

I went back to the factory image (using ddwrt-to-netgear-R9000.bin) then installed the latest firmware release from NetGear, 1.0.5.2. Strangely, all of my original pre-DD-WRT settings returned and so far the router is working fine.

No noticeable difference in performance, but our few Apple devices can now connect via the 5.2GHz radio. That wasn't possible with DD-WRT.

Of course now local DNS integration with DHCP is gone, and I'm bummed because I need to create hosts entries for a handful of web-managed devices in my house.
Sponsor
Laithan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model Netgear Nighthawk X10
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r41517 std (11/11/19 )
Kernel Version Linux 4.9.200 #397 SMP Mon Nov 11 05:51:10 CET 2019 armv7l
Mode: AP only
Reset: No,upgrade from r37736
Uptime: 4 days+

This build is very solid. I don't use 5Ghz/60Ghz so I cannot comment about those but for 2.4Ghz I have not had any issues so far. Using Mixed Wide HT40. Syslog is clean.

So far I have connected an iPhone, 4K Smart TV, tablets, cams and some legacy devices with no issue. I haven't measured the bandwidth but all seems normal.
Dodge DeBoulet
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Laithan wrote:

This build is very solid. I don't use 5Ghz/60Ghz so I cannot comment about those but for 2.4Ghz I have not had any issues so far. Using Mixed Wide HT40. Syslog is clean.

Same configuration as me, but I also applied msoengineer's list of optimal settings (I don't think many needed to be changed on the 2.4GHz radio).
Laithan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dodge DeBoulet wrote:
Laithan wrote:

Same configuration as me, but I also applied msoengineer's list of optimal settings (I don't think many needed to be changed on the 2.4GHz radio).

Found it
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1154617#1154617
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: