Access point mode but manually? Cause I need DHCP on second

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
lolcocks
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 17:16    Post subject: Access point mode but manually? Cause I need DHCP on second Reply with quote
Hello,

Sorry if this topic doesn't belong here but I have been looking for a way to do this since ages.

I have a R6400 (DD-WRT) which is connected to my ISP's modem and a R7000 (NetGear OS) on the second floor which is connected to my R6400.

Looks like below:
ISP Modem --> R6400 (PPPoE) --> R7000 (Static IP)

Now, for me, the perfect setting would be run the R7000 in Access Point mode so that all my computers are in one network. I would be able to access all the computers from anywhere.

But here's the catch, if use Access Point mode, I cannot assign different DNS servers to the computers on the second floor (R7000), which I really want.

Is there a way to manually use Access Point mode to access computers on both the floors from anywhere?

OR

Is there a way to enable DHCP server in Access Point mode?

Because if I use a static IP on the R7000, I can access computers on the R6400 but not vice versa.

Requesting help, thank you.
Sponsor
lolcocks
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:54    Post subject: Re: Access point mode but manually? Cause I need DHCP on sec Reply with quote
lolcocks wrote:
Hello,

Sorry if this topic doesn't belong here but I have been looking for a way to do this since ages.

I have a R6400 (DD-WRT) which is connected to my ISP's modem and a R7000 (NetGear OS) on the second floor which is connected to my R6400.

Looks like below:
ISP Modem --> R6400 (PPPoE) --> R7000 (Static IP)

Now, for me, the perfect setting would be run the R7000 in Access Point mode so that all my computers are in one network. I would be able to access all the computers from anywhere.

But here's the catch, if use Access Point mode, I cannot assign different DNS servers to the computers on the second floor (R7000), which I really want.

Is there a way to manually use Access Point mode to access computers on both the floors from anywhere?

OR

Is there a way to enable DHCP server in Access Point mode?

Because if I use a static IP on the R7000, I can access computers on the R6400 but not vice versa.

Requesting help, thank you.

Solved, the answer was to use Static Routing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: