Linksys EA6350: Hard reset not working and passwd also

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
naguavk9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 18:36    Post subject: Linksys EA6350: Hard reset not working and passwd also Reply with quote
Hi,
I recently upgrade my Linksys EA6350 v1 router with "DD-WRT V3[Beta] Build 40559".
After following "https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486", I could able to boot my router with dd-wrt.
Initially I used "root/admin" and configure my router. Its Working fine.
I change my passwd and reboot the router and Not able to login UI, SSH, telnet.
Try with hard RESET and notice that button is not working with DD-WRT (LED's are not blinking like previously for HARD RESET).

Is there any way , I can reset the settings or connect the router.

Following issues I noticed with dd-wrt on EA6350:
1. Its work with "root/admin" only. If you use passwd other than "admin", login fails.
2. Hard RESET and WPS buttons are not working.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, reset button is broken in that build, if I am not mistaken. That's why you don't use the router database. If you can still login with root and admin, then you need to change the root password. You can't use another user besides root very easily, if that's what you did was change the username... and password.

Last edited by kernel-panic69 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 16:35; edited 1 time in total
naguavk9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for quick response.
I try, all possible combinations like "root/admin, admin/admin, root/root etc".; no luck.

Do I have only "RS232" option now? Any other way??

Is there any build has fix for "reset button and router database"?
praveenpanth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 16:19    Post subject: keep getting username/password prompt after flashing Reply with quote
Hi ,

Iam also able to flash my Linksys EA6350 v1 router with "DD-WRT V3[Beta] Build 40559".However, I keep getting the username/password prompt and the default combination of root/admin does not work. I also tried root/root,root/1234,admin/admin,admin/password,admin/pass.Iam not sure if there is any other combination available. Iam not even able to reset and change any password. If anyone has any suggestions, please help.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't hard reset these. This is a Broadcom ARM device. Good luck figuring it out.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know anything about this router
so I will grasp at a straw.

Is it possible to TFTP firmware with a working reset button (after 40750) to this device?

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only other option to try is telnet into router and do an nvram erase, but if they can't login to the webUI, then... TFTP / recover from a bad flash is the only things I can think of.

Honestly, the router database was fine the way it was with the recommended minimum builds, no matter how old they were, because it was fairly certain the device would flash and then you could upgrade from that build with little consequence. Now we have people coming here with issues because it's been updated with a broken build being 'recommended'. Supported Devices Wiki probably also needs some TLC, but definitely not to have 40559 stated for anything.

----------------------
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't suppose telnet/CLI to be an option since it won't accept credentials but certainly worth a try.

IIRC if none have been set there is no usable password yet.

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

praveenpanth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 18:30    Post subject: Linksys EA6350 Reply with quote
That's right, not able to telnet as well .What are my options? I tried minicom but not making much headway.I see a 4-pin sticking out on the motherboard. Would I be able to access via that?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 19:22    Post subject: Re: Linksys EA6350 Reply with quote
praveenpanth wrote:
That's right, not able to telnet as well .What are my options? I tried minicom but not making much headway.I see a 4-pin sticking out on the motherboard. Would I be able to access via that?

If that is in fact the serial console header, Google "EA6350 serial pinout", or, if you have a multimeter handy, establish which pin is ground and which one is +Vcc (3.3V) and then all you have to figure out from there is which is TXD and which is RXD. The only wires you need for serial recovery hookup is GND, TXD and RXD. DO NOT CONNECT +Vcc. You should at the very least be able to break boot and issue an nvram erase to reset the router from serial as well as flash firmware via CLI. You should probably also Google "EA6350 serial recovery" and / or "Serial Recovery DD-WRT", which should also be helpful.

----------------------
tustudent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed my EA6350 v1 using the serial method to Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r48567 std (03/23/22)

The reset seems not be working on this one too.

I tried it both on bootup as well as during operation for a minimum of 30 seconds.

Can any EA6350 owner verify this?
tustudent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not working on r48567 as well as on r48646 on the model EA6350v1.

Verified by doing the same procedure (holding reset for more than 30 seconds) successfully on a E4200 on r48646.

Method with WPS button for Broadcom ARM-based models also does not work.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't do a 30-second reset on Broadcom ARM or an EA6350.

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=141033#i7

Quote:
Hardware Reset – Press and hold the Reset button at the back panel of your router for about 10 seconds then release.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_EA6300
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_EA6400

----------------------
BFG-9000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's only like one really big thread for the EA6350v1, and it suggests the reset button works fine, it just erases the NVRAM values from the wrong partition (the backup one), as does Telnet on the stock CFE.

Basically, there's two 29.7MB partitions for firmware and the router has 32kB bug so if your DD-WRT install ever exceeds this it will never boot again except to the stock firmware on the backup partition, because then there is no way to clear the NVRAM values from the primary partition.

The solution for this has been to install a xvortex-modified RT-AC68u CFE before you brick the primary partition, which will even give you the handy Broadcom CFE Webserver to erase NVRAM or upload firmware with. Unfortunately the r47656 and r47695 threads suggest the wifi radio parameters in this CFE are not quite correct as the Wireless Security in DD-WRT eventually disables itself.

I've been using FreshTomato with this CFE and it seems to work OK, although once it did corrupt itself and boot back to the stock firmware (which should not be possible if this CFE did as people in that thread believed and merged the partitions). With the CFE Webserver though it was easy to erase NVRAM and reupload Tomato. Note that the web CFE *always* boots and times-out before loading the firmware--so using this CFE extends boot time by about a minute.

Of course with RT-AC68u CFE you could also use any flavor of Merlin but I haven't tried any so cannot tell you if it behaves.

If you wish to live dangerously, r47720 is the latest DD-WRT someone has reported working and you could watch that the NVRAM does not approach 32kB on the stock CFE.
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
When and after flashing your router make it a point to enable ssh this also allows telnet to be usable well.

I had modified and shared a modified cfe @freshtomato for the EA6200/EA6350, the reset button has been working ever since using either freshtomato or dd-wrt firmware. I had recently flashed the r48741 build this morning through the cfe and was able to reset it with the reset button and for those that flash without a modified cfe make sure to enable "ssh" it's disable by "default" or else you will be left with only a serial method to nvram erase to restore your router or power on/off 3x's quickly to boot to the other partition, "note" doing this method it's possible that flashing dd-wrt may or may not work but go to the suitcase in Linksys ui -> diagnostics -> restore defaults and follow prompts to reboot the router and flash again.

If you had flashed dd-wrt using serial, use it again to issue nvram erase or search nvram for the word reset, one of them should be "nvram_factory_reset=true" from Linksys, you can try adding reset_gpio=11 like so, nvram set reset_gpio="11" && nvram commit with the quotes and check if the reset button works after rebooting.

Even though I'm using a modified cfe the r48741 seems stable but I won't know until I have in front of my network.

Question what are the acceptable image sizes for png that can be posted?

Regards
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: