New Build: 10-15-2019-r41328

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Linksys WRT1900acs v1

Same old same old. Flashed from r40009 to partition 1.

I cleared nvram and set everything back up from scratch this time.
Openvpn client still needs two presses of Apply for it to work. I don't think the router always refreshes itself.

I fully expect the web GUI to crap out as it's done in every build since June.
Sponsor
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
ellick wrote:
Linksys WRT1900acs v1

Same old same old. Flashed from r40009 to partition 1.

I cleared nvram and set everything back up from scratch this time.
Openvpn client still needs two presses of Apply for it to work. I don't think the router always refreshes itself.

I fully expect the web GUI to crap out as it's done in every build since June.

When the GUI stops working, what browser(s) are you trying to access it with? And what OS?
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have chrome, firefox and IE on multiple win10 machines. None can access the gui even tho the internet still works. Also tried chrome and Kiwi browser on an android tablet. Same result.
PIZZEDMEOFF
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still going strong on this end no reboots drop outs or nothing and the gui is working fine for me Accessed with firefox chrome and I/E o/s:Windows 10 and linux

have you tried resetting and putting in all your settings again?

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline
Commands:
Misc: sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas
samba: { sleep 30; stopservice samba3; startservice samba3; } &

WRT1900ACv1:

WIFI: 2.4ghz: NG-mixed, 20mhz channel width, channel follows AP, WPA2-CCMP-128.
WIFI: 5ghz: AC/N mixed, 40mhz channel width, channel 100+upper, WPA2-CCMP-128.
Misc Info: WPA2 Personal: "CCMP-128 (AES)" Static IP's VIA Mac+Host, SFE Enabled, No Rebind, Strict, no-resolv. NOTE: this is now just a wireless access point so to speak but all settings still apply to what ever wireless person connects.
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
PIZZEDMEOFF wrote:
Still going strong on this end no reboots drop outs or nothing and the gui is working fine for me Accessed with firefox chrome and I/E o/s:Windows 10 and linux

I did a complete clear of the nvram yesterday using nvram erase && reboot
after telnetting in from putty. I could easily say it's just my router except the r40009 build works great. That was just before the new linux kernel and the new QoS disciplines were added.

Plus others have mentioned a loss of access to the GUI as well.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
PIZZEDMEOFF wrote:

Yeah I went through that in a thread with him yesterday just to be sure (nvram erase or hard reset) and confirmed the exact model/variant he had too. It's strange but I'm fairly certain he isn't the only one with a 1900 series router that has these issues.

Maybe slow hardware death or bad power supply? He goes back to an older build and doesn't experience the loss of GUI and WAN problems (may be DHCP related?).

I know WENED refuses to try 4xxxx builds on his 1900ac routers (random thought).

Maybe it's specific to ACS series?
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:

Maybe slow hardware death or bad power supply? He goes back to an older build and doesn't experience the loss of GUI and WAN problems (may be DHCP related?).

I know WENED refuses to try 4xxxx builds on his 1900ac routers (random thought).

Maybe it's specific to ACS series?

WENED uses r40009 on his master router as well though it's a 3200acm I noticed a post from him in another thread yesterday saying it was his preference: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1179252&highlight=#1179252

The thing is when I lose the GUI I often don't even know it right away because the internet doesn't go down and I use a "keep alive" 4AM reboot. I can still access the router via putty. It's just the web GUI that fails and I believe it's a problem with the router not refreshing property. I think that's the same or similar problem why two clicks of APPLY are often needed to activate the openvpn client.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
SurprisedItWorks is another who has held back on builds.

From his signature: Six of the Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on r38159 (solid), r39144 (very solid), r40009 (solid), and r40784 (trying out).

This one below bothers me (lockup or freeze when applying settings).

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320853

Fingers are crossed for the next build.
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
ellick wrote:
I have chrome, firefox and IE on multiple win10 machines. None can access the gui even tho the internet still works. Also tried chrome and Kiwi browser on an android tablet. Same result.

Did you update with QoS on, and do you have QoS enabled?
What browser did you use to flash the build?
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
ttowling wrote:
ellick wrote:

I went all the way back to stock firmware yesterday. I had to install an old dd-wrt build because newer firmware won't flash over stock. That's been an issue since I originally installed dd-wrt. I found that out by reading these forums at the time.

I use Firefox portable and saved no settings when finally upgrading from r4009 to this new build. I did an nvram erase after installing just to make sure no leftover settings were left behind. I've used chrome to flash too tho in previous builds and seen the same things.

I do use QoS which I think has created bugs in recent builds. The problems i've seen started with the new linux kernel and the newly added queuing disciplines in QoS. build r40009 was the last or one of the last before those things were added.
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:

This one below bothers me (lockup or freeze when applying settings).

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320853

Fingers are crossed for the next build.

Yup. Since I was installing with a clean slate and re-adding all settings, I saw that same thing with this new build. The GUI froze when applying wireless security settings. Just normal WPA2 and AES. I had to manually reboot the router.
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
ellick wrote:
ttowling wrote:
ellick wrote:

I went all the way back to stock firmware yesterday. I had to install an old dd-wrt build because newer firmware won't flash over stock. That's been an issue since I originally installed dd-wrt. I found that out by reading these forums at the time.

I use Firefox portable and saved no settings when finally upgrading from r4009 to this new build. I did an nvram erase after installing just to make sure no leftover settings were left behind. I've used chrome to flash too tho in previous builds and seen the same things.

I do use QoS which I think has created bugs in recent builds. The problems i've seen started with the new linux kernel and the newly added queuing disciplines in QoS. build r40009 was the last or one of the last before those things were added.

Recommend trying to install from the latest Firefox (not portable). Flash with QoS off then and try codel Fast, not cake. That worked for me.
SquareOne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey everyone I had the same issue regarding the new build (41328).

-Telnet works
-GUI is down

I looked at the processes running within telnet and found this:

httpd -S -m 443

So it looks like its a secure connection now at port 443. Please double check to see if everyone has the same port this might change.

You can see the processes by typing in ps within the console in telnet.

so for me I had to type in:

Code:

https://192.168.1.1:443

to get into the GUI. I believe this can be changed within the settings afterwards.

Resolved my issue Smile
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
SquareOne wrote:

So it looks like its a secure connection now at port 443. Please double check to see if everyone has the same port this might change.

You can see the processes by typing in ps within the console in telnet.

so for me I had to type in:

Code:

https://192.168.1.1:443

to get into the GUI. I believe this can be changed within the settings afterwards.

Resolved my issue Smile

Interesting. Where is the setting you're talking about? On the administration tab there is a "web access" setting but http is checked as default not https

i will bookmark that address tho and see if it works next time I lose the GUI
SquareOne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah its under administration. Mine shows https ticked. I gotta tinker with it to see how its setup.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: