YAMon v4... usage totals by device

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
SpareSimian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Found it: Run the command "/etc/init.d/yamon4 enable" to install the symlinks in /etc/rc.d to start and stop yamon4.

How it works:

https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/initscripts
Sponsor
anchit02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:46    Post subject: symlinks Reply with quote
According to the Help section of the YAMon website, it says that the symlinks should be in tmp/www/ directory. Not sure if OpenWRT and DD-WRT works the same way, but since we are using DD-WRT firmware and having the symlinks in tmp/www/ directory actually makes the program work correctly in my case. After running the start.sh command I have not rebooted my router so everything has been okay so far.

So, the code you put up, "/etc/init.d/yamon4 enable" Should I run this code with Putty if the symlinks are not present? Or should I add that code to the Commands sections in the DD-WRT interface and save to run at startup?
SpareSimian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
My command was for OpenWrt. You'll need to look through the DD-WRT documentation to see how they do boot-time initscripts.
anchit02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 19:29    Post subject: Startup Command for DD-WRT Reply with quote
The startup code that works, and runs "start.sh" after the router reboot is:
Code:
sh /opt/YAMon4/start.sh &

The above code is courtesy of msantos2007
This works for a TP-Link WDR3600 v1 with firmware r34929M
abhijitat
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Appologies for asking but, will work on YAMon be started in near future i.e. year 2020. I had many issues using 4.0.7, eagerly waiting for update. mainly device list and colours not being saved. TOtals for the day going in TB's. Unknown device continuously being shown. hidden devices appearing in list etc.

not enforcing or hurting anybody's sentiments here, just a innocent question.
clangren
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 18:12    Post subject: Thanks and rookie question Reply with quote
Many thanks to Al and all those who have contributed to this thread. I have been using DD-WRT but am new to YAMon.

My install of YAMon4 on an R7000 (build 43324) was successful on the first shot thanks to all of your contributions.

I have read all of the replies to this topic and have reviewed a subset of the scripting but am not sure how to stop YAMon4 so I can safely edit users.js.

I can see the routine for StopScheduledJobs() in /opt/YAMon4/Includes/start-stop.sh but am not sure how to invoke that routine.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!!
AndrewC75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:03    Post subject: Re: Startup Command for DD-WRT Reply with quote
anchit02 wrote:
The startup code that works, and runs "start.sh" after the router reboot is:
Code:
sh /opt/YAMon4/start.sh &

The above code is courtesy of msantos2007
This works for a TP-Link WDR3600 v1 with firmware r34929M

Just to confirm:
1. Is this to resolve the issue of YAMon4 stopping each day and causing hourly/daily data file gaps if not restarted?
2. Did you put this in your startup commands in the GUI instead of the default placed there by YAMon4?

My issue that I'm trying to resolve is that it seems like YAMon4 stops running every day overnight and I wake up to hourly data gaps.
cyberdeath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had YAMon working for a couple of days and then it started to not gather data. I purged the YAMon folder and reinstalled YAMon4 entirely after running the clear-iptables.sh.

Now when I try to enable the database feature it creates an endless loop saying it was unable to write to the database and "error: ?!?"

I have tried requesting keys and inserting them into config.file but this issue persists. Any ideas on how I could troubleshoot?

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
If any of you are still fighting quirks in V4 there is the option to use 3.4.7 until Al finds his way back here and fixes them.

With the exception of oddities in users.js editing 3.4.7 has been very stable for months now. I use a 256GB type C USB SSD to avoid stick issues.

Link in my Sig.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php

Last edited by ddaniel51 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:19; edited 1 time in total
cyberdeath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51,

Thank you for your reply. I installed 3.4.7 and it seems to be doing better!

Question: I see you mentioned 3.4.7 and 3.4.8, what are the differences? I didn't see a changelog.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
cyberdeath wrote:

Now when I try to enable the database feature it creates an endless loop saying it was unable to write to the database and "error: ?!?"

I have tried requesting keys and inserting them into config.file but this issue persists. Any ideas on how I could troubleshoot?

I've also been having the issue with "error: ?!?", glad to hear I'm not alone. I've been trying to read all of the help documentation & threads trying to see if this was a common issue that already had trouble shooting steps or if I could figure out what may be happening.

I've been successfully using the database feature for months, but first noticed the error on Monday. I tried deleting my database key from config.file and requesting a new one and putting that into the config.file, but the error still persisted, so I reverted back to my old key. I'm not sure what the next steps to troubleshoot are.

The chrome developer console shows this as the error pops up:

Quote:
Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'http://usage-monitoring.com/db/svSettings.php' from origin 'http://10.0.0.1' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

VM15:1 POST http://usage-monitoring.com/db/svSettings.php net::ERR_FAILED

I'm a bit over my head, but I'm planning on looking into what CORS policy is and see if I can figure out how that may be affecting this.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry. I was testing between 3.4.7 and 3.4.8 while 3.4.7 is what is available on the site.

I actually run 3.4.7 as my daily driver.

Insert a sleep 60 in the startup command before yamon to give the router time to settle before firing it up.

To avoid hijacking this thread there is a 3.4 thread running at:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=314467&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=615

cyberdeath wrote:
ddaniel51,

Thank you for your reply. I installed 3.4.7 and it seems to be doing better!

Question: I see you mentioned 3.4.7 and 3.4.8, what are the differences? I didn't see a changelog.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
rlegault
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:23    Post subject: Saving your updated settings to the database failed with err Reply with quote
Saving your updated settings to the database failed with error message : error: ?!?

I have a DIR-885l running "DD-WRT v3.0-r44809 std"

I am really not sure what info to provide. I found a yamon.log file that I attached.

Yamon.txt
 Description:
yamon.log

Download
 Filename:  Yamon.txt
 Filesize:  22.86 KB
 Downloaded:  113 Time(s)

abhijitat
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have also suddenly started seeing following error

Saving your updated settings to the database failed with error message: error: ?!?

This also started happening on 3.4.7 as well.
LoHF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey folks, I was also getting the same error:
"Saving your updated settings to the database failed with error message: error: ?!?"

I tried a lot of things to try and fix this. Including reinstalling the entire dang thing from scratch.

However, the thing that actually seemed to work is restarting my computer!! I'm not sure why exactly that worked. Perhaps, there's some temporary system file created that causes the issue?

Other steps that I also did:
- Disable the auto save feature in "Database integration"
- Delete cache for my browser

Not sure if those helped at all, but the issue didn't resolve until I restarted.

I'm also having problems with YAMon randomly deciding to stop collecting data a few hours after it's started. I'm not sure what could be causing it either as I've stared completely from scratch with it!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 18
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: