YAMon v4... usage totals by device

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
mygen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
gLeW wrote:
Hi i have a problem with Yamon4 i make a new fresh install because when i update from Yamon3 also not working.

I dont see any data and always say

Hourly data for 2020-05-20
Could not open the hourly data file?!? Not Found

https://prnt.sc/skd5l7

also the clock never start
https://prnt.sc/skd64m

another picture
https://prnt.sc/skd7wn

Thanks

I have this same situation. I using OpenWrt. It is possible to fix this?

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've YAMon 4.0.7 and a USB sticker on my WRT32X with last dd-wrt build, everything works but it shows way too low traffic.
I've downloaded 1 GB of updates on my PC and yet YAMon only shown ~30 MB of traffic for today, how can it be possible? Also it reports more upload than download.

NOTE: the dd-wrt router has DHCP/routing disabled, it's basically a switch. I know that the installation guide says that YAMon will only work with DHCP enabled, but I can't put DHCP on my WRT32X (internet and modem-router providing DHCP aren't mine) and couldn't figure out why does it needs DHCP.

I don't care about traffic by device "above" dd-wrt, only from my devices.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Internet traffic has to flow through the WAN to LAN inerface for YAMon to detect it.

So, Connect your DHCP enabled WAN port to the internet, Configure the router DHCP for your devices and prepare for an ip change. Set your router for a 192.168.10.1 ip, save and reboot. Should work.

giann0 wrote:
I've YAMon 4.0.7 and a USB sticker on my WRT32X with last dd-wrt build, everything works but it shows way too low traffic.
I've downloaded 1 GB of updates on my PC and yet YAMon only shown ~30 MB of traffic for today, how can it be possible? Also it reports more upload than download.

NOTE: the dd-wrt router has DHCP/routing disabled, it's basically a switch. I know that the installation guide says that YAMon will only work with DHCP enabled, but I can't put DHCP on my WRT32X (internet and modem-router providing DHCP aren't mine) and couldn't figure out why does it needs DHCP.

I don't care about traffic by device "above" dd-wrt, only from my devices.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
NinthWave
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Any edits I make via the Device page eventually vanish as the changes revert to where I started.

Local users js is not changed.

Have you solved this problem? Since Al is not replying since may, I am trying to solve the same issue...

ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
NinthWave wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:
Any edits I make via the Device page eventually vanish as the changes revert to where I started.

Have you solved this problem? Since Al is not replying since may, I am trying to solve the same issue...

Since Al keeps the main .js files on his site and we use them remotely there is nothing we can do to alter their operation.

I finally reverted to YAMon3 3.4.7 which is more stable and I can manually edit the users.js rebooting after each edit.

I have sent requests to make Y stand alone on users machines again and have not received any replies.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
VTecheira
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
NinthWave wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:

I'm still on the 3.X lines since I made some edits to that version that Al hasn't rolled into the main.

One option would be to use local version of the scripts (I'm assuming it's possible for the 4.x) line and modify it suit your needs.
SpareSimian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed on Friday and started to populate my users.js device list. I installed it on the router (OpenWrt) but it seemed to take a day before it was recognized and I didn't see "Unknown Device" on the charts. Now I want to go amend it with a device that was off initially and I can't get to the devices tab. Clicking on the tab does nothing. I can go to the summary, daily, monthly, live, and settings tabs.

Also, when the month rolled over, it created the month data directory but not the hourly file. I issued start.sh and that seems to have fixed that.
anchit02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed Yamon 4.0.7 two days back on a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 running r34929M firmware. The installation works fine and the report pages load correctly and shows the traffic for all connected devices.

But once the router is rebooted, the report page stay blank. I checked the help section on the Yamon website and it says to check the symlink folders in /tmp/www/ and this is where my problem lies. The symlink folders are not there in the directory after router reboot.

I've looked around and found no answers on how to restore these symlink files back to /tmp/www/ Also, how to get Yamon running again after rebooting the router. Looking forward to some help with this issue.
SpareSimian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
anchit02, try ssh'ing in and running start.sh again. I found I had to do that after the 1st of the month as the hourly data wasn't getting recorded. I suspect there are some events not getting handled properly, including month rollover and rebooting.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm starting to get back into this... been distracted with another project recently.
It'll take a little time to dig through the backlog a prioritize the issus

So sorry for going dark

If you use and like YAMon and have not done so recently, please consider making a donation - thanks!
YAMon GitHub Repository
SpareSimian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Feature request: Suggest the reverse DNS entry on the device list tab for "unknown devices". My DHCP will register a device's hostname in DNS if one isn't already present.
anchit02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:28    Post subject: What is the code to run start.sh Reply with quote
SpareSimian, I'm new to SSH and the whole DD-WRT space. Can you please tell me how to write the code in Putty to run the start.sh file?

I can see in WINSCP that there is a YAMon directory in the OPT folder, and within the YAMon dir, there is a "start.sh" file. In putty when I run the code
Code:
/opt/YAMon4/start.sh

I get an error saying -sh: /opt/YAMon4/start : not found
But I know start.sh is in the opt/YAMon4 directory, as shown my WinSCP.
SpareSimian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does it really say "start: not found" or "start.sh not found"? Did you mistype the command? Otherwise it looks ok.

My practice is to first cd into the YAMon4 directory and run the command from there:

Code:
cd /opt/YAMon4
./start.sh
anchit02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, your method worked. Now YAMon is running again, the symlink files are present in the tmp\www directory and I can access the report pages as well.

So, if after router reboot, if the report pages is blank again, should I just run the command to run start.sh again?

Also, isnt there a way to start a .sh automatically when the router as a startup command in the web interface? Would that solve the problem, maybe?
SpareSimian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Symlinks should be installed in /etc/rc.d to the yamon4 script in /etc/init.d, but they're not there on my system. I think the installer goofed. I know there's a command to install the symlinks but I'm not enough of an OpenWrt expert to know. (On CentOS 6 it was chkconfig, but that doesn't work here.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 18
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: