Necessary Wireguard command interfering with Plex

Threefifty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 16:30    Post subject: Necessary Wireguard command interfering with Plex Reply with quote
First off I have no problem admitting I am complete networking noob. I use dd-wrt because it has features (like a WireGuard tunnel) that do not come stock on a router. I was able to configure everything following guides on this form and elsewhere on the internet.

The only issue I have run into is with Plex. After configuring the Wireguard server, Plex now shows only local IP's for remote users. I did some digging on Plex forms and found the following

Quote:
I would probably make sure that the rule that you are using for the port forward doesn’t have NAT enabled. As the only traffic going through your firewall that needs to be NAT’d is your LAN to WAN traffic.

So I disabled the Firewall command from dd-wrt realizing that was the only change I made to the NAT.

Quote:
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)

Wireguard no longer works but Plex is showing the correct IPs for remote users. Is there a way to get both working?

Thanks in advance,
A struggling networking novice.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: